Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
New version ADG V4
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 10, 2019 9:55 am    Sujet du message: New version ADG V4 Répondre en citant
Hello, here the translation of the information send by Herve Caille about ADG V4 :

"
Present version of l`Art de la Guerre is now sold out in French, English and Spanish edition
The rule is lasting from 2014 it is now necessary to proceed to an update.
This update will concern ;
- integration and consolidation of amendments and FAQ items into the rulebook
- integration of a lexical with specific definitions of rule terms.
- limited cleaning process of army lists to reduce unbalanced lists situation
- a global review and correction of army lists

Overall objective is to simplify, clarify and bring limited correction to the rule. There will be no big change

for this task, the technical board will be on the bridge in two team :
-Patrick Lefebvre will lead the rule team in charge of the rule itself
-Hubert Bretagne will lead the army list team

Everyone will be free to bring any kind of contribution, within a - limited in time- consultation period

Main goal is to achieve completion of this work, in French, English and Spanish at the end of this year

This timeline can be updated if necessary

Hervé "
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 10, 2019 5:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Will this include reducing the spresd of related rules across 2 or 3 widely separated pages?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
vexillia a écrit:
Will this include reducing the spresd of related rules across 2 or 3 widely separated pages?

I think you have given yourself a great project of recommendations to send Patrick.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 11, 2019 8:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
I think you have given yourself a great project of recommendations to send Patrick.

Smile
warlordNZ1
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 07, 2019 8:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Has the publication date for the new Version 4 been set yet ?
I have heard that the new Rule set maybe on sale at CanCon in Australia late January.
Thanks
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 07, 2019 12:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No, the written off is on the way.
Nikephorous
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 16, 2020 6:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
No, the written off is on the way.

For many of us, the ruleset has been out of print for a long time, and we are struggling to get new players involved because of this.

Can someone please advise a date for publication? The thread for v4 submissions has been closed for quite some time now.

We cannot buy what does not exist, but as wargamers we must have something we can buy now.

I am very aware of the tragedies unfolding in the world at the moment, but please do not let this wonderful game die.

Wink

John
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 16, 2020 6:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
First, you know a PDF of the current rules is available for purchase at a deep discount? That should help short term.
Second, "ON Military Matters", I think still has hard copies for sale.

Now as to the timing, I don't know and the author is usually quite good at announcing when it has gone to press. There have been hints in places that he is hard at work on making this right and not a rush job. While I would like the rules too. But I am very mindful of the rushed jobs of FOGamv2, DBMMv1, FOGNv1 all of which had a lot of problems because they rushed.

One other point. Very unusually there was discussion at one point that these would publish in 3 languages simultaneously. That is another added step. I don't know if that is still the plan, but there are at least 4 languages that have large pools of players that want these rules. So that may be an issue. The current rules, like the Bataille Empire rules have the same rules on the same page so it is a wonderful Rosetta Stone.

I am just as anxious, but I think El Kreator is working hard on this.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 17, 2020 10:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, he's workin hard on it , but i can't tell more.
Willkilla
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 07, 2020 9:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I find that the rules aren't the problem, it's the translation formatting. I wish they would take their time to organize the rules better. There are so many rules that are printed multiple times throughout the rulebook, so it's confusing to remember which reference has the rule you need. For example, just go to the Index page and you will see vastly different pages covering the same rule on so many occasions... Just look how spread out the various Charge rules are.. I play other games with more complex rules that manage to not have any repetition.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: