Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
15mm Sparabara with added wallpaper
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 07, 2021 10:00 pm    Sujet du message: 15mm Sparabara with added wallpaper Répondre en citant
With the Cyrus' Mobile Tower having languished in the drawer since before Xmas last year, and with plenty of cavalry and ancilliary troops all done, finally the Early Persian army gets the core of it's troops - the Immortals and Sparabara - ready for the imminent release of Version 4 of the L'Art de la Guerre Ancients rules !

For these guys I have managed to fit between 12-14 figures on each 40x40mm ADLG infantry unit base, leaving a gap at the front as well so the rear ranks are really crowded with archers.  I also followed up on my numerous "wallpaper" experiments with wallpapering the pavises of the Sparabara to make them more colourful and personalised - as usual just ssearching for "Persian Patterns" on Pinterest and Google

My theory was that no-one really knows what they looked like, so why wouldn't they go personalised on the designs?! From the rear you can really see how they have been crammed in, using a variety of the Museum poses and equipment sets too

From the back you can see the real mix of Contrast and normal paints I used, as well as some of the very basic "spots and lines" patterns - with the figures this densely packed it is all about the mass effect, even though many of the patterns are not ones that would stand up to independent scrutiny!

I wanted two bases to act as Immortals, and dithered about with how to represent them, finally chooing a unique, pointed-top spara and a common, 'posh-looking' design - after I stumbled on the design online. I also added the standard bearers and musicians to the bases to make them even more obvious from the back as well

I think they fit quite nicely with the Pendraken Mobile Tower I finished before Christmas - also with "wallpaper"

More photos online at https://madaxemandotcom.blogspot.com/2021/04/museum-z-sculpt-persian-sparabara-and.html
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 08, 2021 9:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It's... Wonderfull !!!

Really amazing !

Good job !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Wagmestre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 10, 2021 8:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So beautiful !
How do you do the "wallpaper" ?
Is it freehand painted ?
It seems to be glued...
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 10, 2021 4:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Wagmestre a écrit:
So beautiful !
How do you do the "wallpaper" ?
Is it freehand painted ?
It seems to be glued...

It's images found on Google and Pinterest, printed on an inkjet paper and glued to the figures.

It could not be easier !

(My painting is nowhere good enough for this !!)
Wagmestre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 17, 2021 8:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks !
I don't know if it's as easy as possible, but the result looks very fine ! Very Happy

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: