Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Ambush deployment of units under 4UD
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 04, 2019 3:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Of course the rule is clearer in french because that is how you want to play it.

I can't stand people who will only make a decision after you've committed fully. Then don't want you to go back either.

It reminds me of the painful days of 5th edition players with their rubber band rulers going backwards and forwards with the simultaneous movements.

Do you know what it says in the German rules?

Should we care?

Should I need to know the rules in all translations and use those I prefer?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 04, 2019 4:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No, Mike says its clearer in French.

I said I would await the DT clarifying.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 04, 2019 12:17 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Having not really looked into the use of ambush markers until this thread appeared and my discussion with Tim on it about using ambush markers for the forward deployment of troops. In my last game I was the defender and had rolled for a hill which I had to place in my central section of the board away from edge. In past games it would normally be place as close to the back edge as possible but I remembered the discussion with Tim so I place the hill in the forward corner of centre zone. During troop deployment I placed an ambush marker down behind the crest in my turn (I am the defender) I place my MF spearmen on the ambush marker and moved them up the hill. The hill formed my hinge for the game and worked well. So I would like to say thanks for this discussion everyone as I have come away with new found appreciation for the use of ambush markers.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 08, 2019 7:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Excellent.

Ambush markers that give you a little extra deployment and less surprise are probably under appreciated. I wonder if we changed the changed the name years ago to "concealed" markers people would be less determined that they had to be a hollywood style AMBUSH !!
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 16, 2021 2:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
Yes
Mike seems to think it's a one off opportunity when the first unit gets to 4ud.

I think each unit triggers an opportunity the first time it enters the 4ud zone.

I agree it can be triggered multiple times by different groups, but only exactly at 44UD. I also think it is triggered by a GROUP at 4ud not a unit. However a single group or unit does not trigger the option whenever it moves subsequently within 4ud, only at the point that it crosses the 4ud boundary.

Can be rough if a larger ambush is approached from the flank, limiting the unit deployment severely.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 16, 2021 5:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike as a reminder (which you may know, sorry) you are replying to a v3 thread. The rule is written differently in v4.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 16, 2021 6:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Mike as a reminder (which you may know, sorry) you are replying to a v3 thread. The rule is written differently in v4.

Ok, thanks. I thought Gavin said the wording was the same. Will not have my rules with me for the next 4 months, just too much stuff to carry for a long trip

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: