Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
ADLG Southern League Round 4 – Reading July 31st
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
Steve Watling
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 22, 2021 12:11 pm    Sujet du message: ADLG Southern League Round 4 – Reading July 31st Répondre en citant
Time : 9am until 5:00pm
Entry: Please buy a ticket on the WAR website, cost will be £15 Sunday Open Day Competitions – Wargames Association of Reading (wargamesreading.co.uk)
Theme Vikings, Allies & Enemies

Asser’s life of Alfred tells us that in AD 870 the Vikings left East Anglia and entered Wessex, where they came to the royal ‘vill’ called Reading, on the south bank of the Thames in the district of Berkshire.

In 2022 our armies shall be 15mm scale with a maximum points value of 200 points.

Armies can be list 155 Viking & Leidang, or 179 Russ, or can be a list with a Viking Ally command which must contain at least 8 elements.

Alternatively you can be an enemy of the Vikings or Russ. Enemies must have a comment about fighting Vikings or Russ in their list description or are named as having fought Vikings or Russ in list 155 or 179. If you come up with something too obscure the organiser reserves the right to reject it.

All armies must be valid for a date between 790 AD and 1049 AD

Facilities There are no shops / fast food outlets within easy walking distance. The WAR club may put on simple food if there is sufficient interest, otherwise its BYO
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 22, 2021 12:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Steve Watling a écrit:
Time : 9am until 5:00pm
Entry: Please buy a ticket on the WAR website, cost will be £15 Sunday Open Day Competitions – Wargames Association of Reading (wargamesreading.co.uk)
Theme Vikings, Allies & Enemies

Asser’s life of Alfred tells us that in AD 870 the Vikings left East Anglia and entered Wessex, where they came to the royal ‘vill’ called Reading, on the south bank of the Thames in the district of Berkshire.

In 2022 our armies shall be 15mm scale with a maximum points value of 200 points.

Armies can be list 155 Viking & Leidang, or 179 Russ, or can be a list with a Viking Ally command which must contain at least 8 elements.

Alternatively you can be an enemy of the Vikings or Russ. Enemies must have a comment about fighting Vikings or Russ in their list description or are named as having fought Vikings or Russ in list 155 or 179. If you come up with something too obscure the organiser reserves the right to reject it.

All armies must be valid for a date between 790 AD and 1049 AD

Facilities There are no shops / fast food outlets within easy walking distance. The WAR club may put on simple food if there is sufficient interest, otherwise its BYO

Realy cool idea!

The DBA army lists have a very comprehensive list of enemies in them that may be useful and is usually regarded as authorititive. In DBA, the Rus have the following enemies:Early Slav, Early Bulgar, Thematic Byzantine, Magyars,Volga Bulgar, Pecheneg, Early Polish, Nikephorian Byzantine, Early Hungarian,Kanstantinian Byzantine, Early Russian.Their allies are Early Bulgars, Early Polish, Viking and Leidang, and Pechenegs as a starter for 10
I never roll a six
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 16, 2022 8:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If this is the 4th round of the Southern League, and the Central London one-dayer on 8th May is the 2nd round, where are when is the 3rd round?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Events are as follows:

Game 1 - January (Oxford)
Game 2 - March (nobody has put their hand up for this one);
Game 3 - May (London)
Game 4 - July (Reading)
Game 5 - September (St Albans)
Game 6 - November (Bournemouth)

St Albans / Bournemouth may be the wrong way around, but you get the picture.

I understand that Winchester is lovely in springtime. Perhaps Round 3 could be hosted there?

Jesse
highlandbevan
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 27, 2022 4:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Can I put in an appeal for 28mm games to run alongside the 15mm ones? If so I will do my best to attend them all and encourage more players.

Thanks,
Bevan
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 16, 2022 4:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi All,

Tickets for this event can be purchased from the following web page: https://wargamesreading.co.uk/product/adlg-southern-league-round-4-reading-july-31st/

At the time of posting, there are only 13 tickets remaining.

Lists should be submitted to the following email address for checking no later than 14 July: ilsewell65@gmail.com

Tootles,
Jesse
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 9:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Only 8 tickets remaining.....

Jesse
IanS
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 27, 2022 7:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Quick call out for list, I have ONE so far Smile

Lists should be submitted to the following email address for checking no later than 14 July: ilsewell65@gmail.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
highlandbevan
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 01, 2022 5:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for an enjoyable day, I’m looking forward to the Oxford and St Albans rounds.

I think I need to spend a day watching competition play to get some ideas about army design and how to use it. 
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 01, 2022 9:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
highlandbevan a écrit:
Thanks for an enjoyable day, I’m looking forward to the Oxford and St Albans rounds.

I think I need to spend a day watching competition play to get some ideas about army design and how to use it. 

Honestly, playing is by far the best way - I learn stuff from every list and every player I play against. 

As long as you’re having fun while you’re doing it it’s always much better to be rolling the dice than watching two other folks rolling them ! 
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 05, 2022 6:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Just in case anyone is interested:

Porter Tim CLWC 260 165 Rus
Saunders Dave CLWC 240 127 Nikephorian Byzantine
Case Richard CLWC 220 127 Nikephorian Byzantine
Sanger Pete Solent 218 126 Thematic Byzantine
Dennis John 201 147 Later Pictish
BRETAGNE Hubert CLWC 199 126 Thematic Byzantine
Fairhurst David 166 154 Later Franks
Watling Steve WAR 164 153 Carolingian Frankish
Gilbert Andy Solent 163 156 Irish
Jamieson Gordon CLWC 161 153 Carolingian Frankish
Fairhurst Lynda 159 155 Viking and Leidang
Schoor Jesse WAR 155 161 Khazar
Ellis Simon WAR 146 126 Thematic Byzantine
Nice Stephen WAR 136 153 Carolingian Frankish
Marchand Bevan 120 155 Viking and Leidang
Gray Howard CLWC 115 155 Viking and Leidang
Littleton-Gray Mark 101 149 Armourican Breton
Powell Philip 89 126 Thematic Byzantine
Johnston Steve WAR 89 155 Viking and Leidang
Allen David CLWC 63 126 Thematic Byzantine

Congratulations to Tim, Dave, and Richard, and special thanks to Steve Watling for setting this up.

Jesse

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: