Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
ADLG North 2022 - A Unique Event - 3/4 September Inverness
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 08, 2022 2:47 pm    Sujet du message: ADLG North 2022 - A Unique Event - 3/4 September Inverness Répondre en citant
ADLG North this year is on the 3rd and 4th September at the same venue as last year.

ENTRY
Entry is £25 payable to keith@topscot.com via PayPal. Payment in advance is preferred, it is a hassle to play, run the event and chase money on the day.
The event is limited to 24 players! When you pay can you add a comment on who your partner will be, or let me know if you need one

A DIFFERENT EVENT
A test of skill using different and sub-optimal armies. You will be playing with a different army in every round, and depending on your team mate. Armies will be pre-selected, as will be the terrain. They will generally be historical line ups. Armies will be almost the same on points but that does not mean they will be fairly matched on army content. With your team mate you may have to agree how to make the best of a bad situation, at least for one of you.

THE COMPETITION CONDITIONS
If you have seen any others referenced ignore them as I changed my mind. The event will be a doubles events.

- All armies will be provided! There is no need to bring any figures!
- All terrain will be pre-set.
- Players will play as pairs against other pairs. One player on each side will play side A and on will play side B.
- The side A armies for each side will be identical as will be the Side B armies.
- Where my supply of figures allows it all opponents will be historical or at the very least from a similer time period.
- The side A armies will usually be 200 points, the side B armies may be a little less and/or a very poor match up
- Team scoring will be the sum the two players individual scores.
- No player may play side A more than 3 time.
- Army selections for each round will be by a random draw. No team can use the same army combination twice, and in the event unless in the last round, and there is other option leftThis is unlikely to be an issue.
- There will be a prize for the best team, for the best individual overall, and another for the highest scoring player to use the B army 3 times.

TOO MANY ENTRIES
If there are more entries than my figure supply allows I may appeal for some help supplying figures. At the moment I can supply 20 armies but I'll be painting like mad up to the day.

ON YOUR OWN?
I'm fairly sure I can pair you up with some one.

THE VENUE (Same as last year)
St Stephen’s Church Hall, Inverness
Entrance from the Church car park at the far end of the church.
Access from 9.00am each morning, games start at 9:30am.
Games will finish at 3:30pm on the Sunday

FINDING IT!
It is at the junction of Southside road and Old Edinburgh Road in Inverness. SatNav can have a tough time with it’s address as there is an older St’ Stephens in the town centre, that is now a dance studio. So to find it look up;

Crown Court Townhouse Hotel
25 Southside Street
Inverness
IV2 3BG

It is on the opposite corner of the road junction to the Church.

PARKING
Preferrably park up at the venue you are staying at and walk to the venue. There are lots of places to stay withinn a few hundred yards of the venue. The Church is open for worship that week-end so there is not a lot of free car park space! If you do park at the venue try to keep the turning space in the car park free, otherwise to get out you will have to reverse onto a busy junction … very brave!!!

FOOD
Tea and coffee at the Church Hall available all day!
There is also a decent coffee shop a short walk away. The Crown Court opposite has a bar, bar food, and takeaway food. I’ll circulate the menu and I’d hope you would pre-order at the end of your first game. There is no where else close to eat but a ton of places will also deliver.

Keith
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 08, 2022 5:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
This idea of duplicate style games is a brilliant idea.

You might consider telling players (most of?) the matchups (army name and date - not exact compositions) when they pay. It might encourage people to pay early and also give them some vague heads up as to what they might expect…
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Mai 09, 2022 8:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
This idea of duplicate style games is a brilliant idea.

You might consider telling players (most of?) the matchups (army name and date - not exact compositions) when they pay. It might encourage people to pay early and also give them some vague heads up as to what they might expect…

Ideally a player will play with a different army in every round. 5 games, 5 different armies. So for example two pairs of players A and B. The A of team 1 will player B of team 2, and B of team 1 will play A of team 2. The A players will have an identical 200 point Roman Army, the B player a 200 point identical Gallic Army.

This will depend on the number of entries and I may have to tweak the format a little.

Playing as pairs has the advantage that armies need not be fair match ups or even the same points.

I think I have enough figures for at least one game in each ALDG period. Still painting!

Keith
keithmartinsmith
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 22, 2022 8:04 pm    Sujet du message: ADLG North 2022 - 3/4 September Inverness - CANCELLED Répondre en citant
With some regret I have had to cancel this event. Refunds have been issued to those who had entered.
Apologies
Keith

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: