Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Sand Dunes
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Ballista
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 5:44 am    Sujet du message: Sand Dunes Répondre en citant
Question from todays game -

Do sand dunes count as higher terrain
ie if Your higher up them or on them and enemy is lower/not on sand dune do you get a +1 in melee ?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 7:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No .
They have no crests
Ballista
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 10:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Interesting interpretation, so sand dues could also be considered just sandy ground.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 10:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As dunes can only hide LI ambushes they are not up to much vertically.
You might consider putting dunes on your hills to get the effect you may be after.
This can only happen in Desert .
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 2:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
As dunes can only hide LI ambushes they are not up to much vertically.
You might consider putting dunes on your hills to get the effect you may be after.
This can only happen in Desert .

I do not think you can put dunes on hills as the dunes are not vegetation. (Sort of the opposite.)
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 2:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Regarding the dunes on top of hills question I asked the same in V3. It does not seem to be allowed.

Hills may also have "vegetation or other types of cover" added. But dunes are neither vegetation or cover.

As for the original question Dunes are defined as "areas of soft sand with dunes" I read this, and the lack of cover as meaning the soft sand predominates.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 4:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
SteveR a écrit:
Regarding the dunes on top of hills question I asked the same in V3. It does not seem to be allowed.

Hills may also have "vegetation or other types of cover" added. But dunes are neither vegetation or cover.

As for the original question Dunes are defined as "areas of soft sand with dunes" I read this, and the lack of cover as meaning the soft sand predominates.

Fields can go on hills as per p71 and provide no cover(p72)

It's how one views the world. There are enough LRDG films to get guidance from. Hills are areas that are not flat that units can move over.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 10:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think the concept is the hill is a single object whereas a Dune is an area and not a pronounced rise as a piece of terrain.
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 11:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
"Fields can go on hills as per p71 and provide no cover(p72)" True but fields are the very epitome of vegetation, an archetype, an exemplar, and the description very thoughtfully says hills can have vegetation or cover. The "or" makes either one sufficient.

A gully has neither but even if it could be added to a hill it would probably result in mutual annihilation leaving only a flat plane. Or plain.

A marsh is interesting. Marshes have vegetation after all. One could visualize a robust spring on a hill rendering a soggy bit on top with lots of cattails. But gravity wins out I suppose.

No, the only type of terrain which could reasonably be combined with a hill, other than those specified on page 71 and the additional one provided for on page 75 under "placing the village" is the sand dune. And like I said earlier I don't think it is allowed.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: