Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Can a unit persuecif conformation is incomplete
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 10:25 am    Sujet du message: Can a unit persuecif conformation is incomplete Répondre en citant
When an enemy is destroyed in a combat with incomplete confirmation how is pursuit handled? Pursuit can be either compulsory (elephants and impetuous units) or optional. E.g. see diagram below. BBB destroyed its opponent (was YYY).

AAABBBCCC
.XXX...ZZZ

BBB’s pursuit straight forward is blocked by XXX which is partially in front of it until XXX and ZZZ conform in their own turn. The rules do not cover a possible slide sideways which would allow BBB to line up and move into the gap, and in any case CCC blocks any slide.

We decided that BBB did not pursue, even though it was impetuous due to the blocking elements, both XXX and also CCC.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 10:36 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Had the same situation a while back. Came to same conclusion.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 3:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I certainly don't know the official answer but if I had to call it I would reason that if units fight as if fully conformed, why would they also not pursue as is if fully conformed?

And when A and C eventually do conform (apparently X is not compelled to shift left due to terrain or something) all will be correct.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 4:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
Had the same situation a while back. Came to same conclusion.

It's logical, i agree.

Dernière édition par lionelrus le Mar Juil 05, 2022 5:09 pm; édité 1 fois
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 5:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good question!

I like Steve’s solution best (the pursuing unit occupies the Routed Unit’s space if it is possible to physically fit there), but (I would add) if there is not enough room to fit there then it does not pursue. I would not force the pursuer to slide over before pursuing (as that might open up further cans of worms) - just place it in the space vacated by the Routed Unit.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 7:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:

Code:
AAABBBCCC
.XXX...ZZZ

Hope this helps?
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 05, 2022 8:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If BBB is simply picked up and placed into the gap left by the routed unit this will presumably prevent XXX and ZZZ fully conforming in their turn, prolonging the incomplete conformation. Just saying.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 06, 2022 12:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Good question!

I like Steve’s solution best (the pursuing unit occupies the Routed Unit’s space if it is possible to physically fit there), but (I would add) if there is not enough room to fit there then it does not pursue. I would not force the pursuer to slide over before pursuing (as that might open up further cans of worms) - just place it in the space vacated by the Routed Unit.

Yep, I agree that was also a logical possible solution. The disadvantages are that it prevents conformation in the enemy bound, and also suspends the normal rules that require a unit to trace a viable route from its starting point to its end point.

Another option would be a rules change and confirmation occurs at the end of the combat before pursuit, rather than in the opponents turn.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 06, 2022 3:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It depends upon who attacked whom. If player ABC attacked, they likely had the opportunity to only go in with units that could align, so missing out on B advancing is a choice they made.
If XY attacked, then ABC will conform in their next turn. There is another thread about this very situation, asking if B can then advance. AFAICS there is no prohibition on moving after conformation. and so I argued.
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 06, 2022 3:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don’t think you can move after you conform.

Dernière édition par KevinD le Mer Juil 06, 2022 11:03 pm; édité 1 fois
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 06, 2022 4:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
You may well be correct, but it doesn't make for an argument Very Happy We should probably find the old thread if anyone wants to continue.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: