Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Sequence of Uncontrolled charges
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 15, 2022 11:59 pm    Sujet du message: Sequence of Uncontrolled charges Répondre en citant
Uncontrolled charges are done after other “moves†for a corps, and within a corp go from left to right, or vice versa at the owner’s choice per page 45-46. However there are a few questions I have about this:

1. Is left to right measured from which unit is (1) closest to the left (or right) short board edge or (2) along the players battle line (if he has wheeled at it is no longer parallel to the long table edge?

I assume (1).

2. What if two units are equal close to the left table edge? Does (1) the player get to choose which to move first, (2) the unit in front move first, or (3) the unit in back move first?

I assume (1).

3. Can the player choose to go from left to right or vice versa for uncontrolled charges within a corps without reference to whether other corps have gone left to right I or right to left previously in the same turn or how this was done in previous turns?

I assume the answer is “Yesâ€.

4. (Assume we are going left to right.) What happens if the uncontrolled charge of of a unit (A) to the right of another Impetuous unit (B) in the same corps but to the left of (A) which did not have a legitimate target now causes (B) to have a legitimate target. (For example a target evades from (A) and ends up in front of (B).) Does (B) (1) now make an uncontrolled charge because it has a legitimate target or (2) does (B) not make an uncontrolled charge because “it missed its opportunity†to charge this turn?

I assume (A) but am really uncertain.

5. Related to 4 above. The 8th bullet on p45 says uncontrolled charges are made after all other movement of the same corps. Conversely the last bullet on p 45 says a unit can “always†choose to make a Spontaneous charge instead of an impetuous charge. Is this Spontaneous charge allowed once a player has started making Uncontrolled charges (say for example a new target evades into its ZOC or the player just forgot to declare a spontaneous charge earlier)?

I assume yes, a Spontaneous charge is allowed.

6. P 45 says Uncontrolled charges are made after all other moves in a corps. Does this include charges by other units or just non-charge moves?

I assume charges by other units must be done first (except perhaps Spontaneous charges by other Impetuous units per 5 above…).

7. Uncontrolled troops who burst through other Impetuous troops cause the burst through unit to take a cohesion hit and prevent it from later making an Uncontrolled charge, correct?

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 16, 2022 3:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I 'll take a shot...
KevinD a écrit:
Uncontrolled charges are done after other “moves†for a corps, and within a corp go from left to right, or vice versa at the owner’s choice per page 45-46. However there are a few questions I have about this:

1. Is left to right measured from which unit is (1) closest to the left (or right) short board edge or (2) along the players battle line (if he has wheeled at it is no longer parallel to the long table edge?

I assume (1).

Agreed.
Citation:

2. What if two units are equal close to the left table edge? Does (1) the player get to choose which to move first, (2) the unit in front move first, or (3) the unit in back move first?

I assume (1).

I would say the closest or furthest unit which is closest to the last unit which charged (and then in closest or furthest order). And if no unit previouslly charged, player's choice.
Citation:

3. Can the player choose to go from left to right or vice versa for uncontrolled charges within a corps without reference to whether other corps have gone left to right I or right to left previously in the same turn or how this was done in previous turns?

Agreed.
Citation:

4. (Assume we are going left to right.) What happens if the uncontrolled charge of of a unit (A) to the right of another Impetuous unit (B) in the same corps but to the left of (A) which did not have a legitimate target now causes (B) to have a legitimate target. (For example a target evades from (A) and ends up in front of (B).) Does (B) (1) now make an uncontrolled charge because it has a legitimate target or (2) does (B) not make an uncontrolled charge because “it missed its opportunity†to charge this turn?

I think they do nothing. It's too messy and from a narrative point of view, it's a fleeting moment, not something they have staring at for the past half hour.
Citation:

5. Related to 4 above. The 8th bullet on p45 says uncontrolled charges are made after all other movement of the same corps. Conversely the last bullet on p 45 says a unit can “always†choose to make a Spontaneous charge instead of an impetuous charge. Is this Spontaneous charge allowed once a player has started making Uncontrolled charges (say for example a new target evades into its ZOC or the player just forgot to declare a spontaneous charge earlier)?

I would say no. There is no indication of :when:. I think they are just saying "you could have".
Citation:

6. P 45 says Uncontrolled charges are made after all other moves in a corps. Does this include charges by other units or just non-charge moves?

I assume charges by other units must be done first (except perhaps Spontaneous charges by other Impetuous units per 5 above…).

Agreed.
Citation:

7. Uncontrolled troops who burst through other Impetuous troops cause the burst through unit to take a cohesion hit and prevent it from later making an Uncontrolled charge, correct?

Agreed.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 16, 2022 10:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:

I assume (1).

I assume (1).

If you ever find (or, indeed, if anyone in re order history has ever found)  that you have enough uncontrolled charges going on in the same turn that any of these questions are even remotely applicable, you really do need to go give yourself a good talking to and co sided whether you need to give up ADLG and instead stick to playing a proper game, like, maybe Buckaroo. 

The rules don’t cover every ridiculously corner case situation. Those are left to the players to resolve if they ever arise. 
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 17, 2022 11:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Well i think you have these sorted just to add.

Uncontrolled occur after the player has finished all available charges either Spontaneous or CP induced. "all other movements...same corps"

If an uncontrolled charge creates or removes other triggers of uncontrolled charges then naturally those take effect.

Yes units that are burst through have "moved" it says so p40.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: