Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Zone of Death Conformation
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
IanS
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 19, 2022 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: Zone of Death Conformation Répondre en citant
This came up in a game today, I am sure I have heard about this but can't find it in the rules or on line so I thought I would ask:

Units X1 and X2 are facing off against Y1 and Y2. In Y's round Y3 charges in to the flank of X1 killing it. (Ignore the full stops I had to add them so get the position correct)

........Y1 Y2
Y3-->X1 X2

However in the same round X2 kill Y2 leaving you with this:

.......Y1
....Y3...X2

It now X's (mine) turn and my opponent says I HAVE to conform X2 to Y1 and thus take a hit and fight on two sides. I said that is silly and I was sure that was not required but we read the rules and could not find it.

In the end I did do this as I was able to get another unit to charge Y1 in the flank which killed it. X2 surviving the flaking - just. However if I had not had that other unit I would have in effect lost X2.

As I said I am sure the "zone of death" move is not required but maybe it my faulty memory.

Ian
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 19, 2022 5:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It depends upon whether Y3 pursued and put X2 into its ZoC or not. If it did not then the rules on page 51 take effect and X2 must either conform, move away, or charge a different enemy. If X2 is in the ZOC then it has no obligation to conform but is restricted by the ZoC about what it can do. This can be found in the errata.

As Zoltan notes below, if Y3 did pursue, it would make contact with X2. X2 would have to conform (although I believe it could then Disengage if possible.)

Dernière édition par Za Otlichiye le Sam Nov 19, 2022 9:56 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 19, 2022 7:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The missing point you are after is on p61.
Multiple attacks, special cases first bullet.

It does not loose a cohesion point but fights as being attacked in flank.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 19, 2022 7:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Let’s back up a little first:

After X1 died (and was removed from the table) did Y3 exercise its option to pursue 1UD into X2’s side edge?

A. if “yesâ€, then X2 would get a free quarter turn in its (your) turn to be face to face with Y3. Y1 would not be involved in the melee in your turn as it is not in a support position.

B. if “noâ€, then X2 would still be in front corner to front corner contact with Y1. X2 would have the option to conform into the jaws of death but that would be dumb. Instead, X2 could chose to simply move away (and out of contact) from Y1, either by charging a new enemy or spending CP to relocate to a new position.

Dernière édition par Zoltan le Mar Déc 06, 2022 6:25 pm; édité 1 fois
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 19, 2022 7:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P51
Y1 must conform only if player doesn't pay for another legal move.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Nov 27, 2022 2:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ian as Lionel said, you first have the option to move away.

This is why what Zoltan wrote is so important as the flank attacker should pursue some, to put you in a zoc.
IanS
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 06, 2022 5:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for the comments.

For those that questioned if Y3 pursued the answer was no, because he wanted me to conform into the valley of death! He paid the price in the end Evil or Very Mad
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 06, 2022 8:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Ian as Lionel said, you first have the option to move away.

This is why what Zoltan wrote is so important as the flank attacker should pursue some, to put you in a zoc.

If Y3 pursues for Zocing ( bad boy!), then X2 cannot comform to Y1, because X2 can't slide in Y3 zoc.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: