Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
The Tau of Tuareg
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Battle reports
Auteur Message
PHGamer
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 29, 2023 12:25 pm    Sujet du message: The Tau of Tuareg Répondre en citant
It’s the second day of HMGS’s Cold Wars.
Round 1 of the open 15mm tournament using the ruleset L’ Art de la Guerre
https://philonancients.blogspot.com/2023/03/the-tau-of-tuareg.html

For those that follow my missives, you may have noticed that it’s missing Round 3 of yesterdays tournament.
The battle report disappeared due to an errant key stroke. I still don’t really know how it happened, but it was a single stroke <CTRL> Z. Which shouldn’t have done it. BUT in experimentation, DOES!!!!

enjoy.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 29, 2023 6:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Phil
Great report - thanks for sharing.

One question - in the picture titles: 'A light Camel is shot away. Another charges the flank of an Indian light, destroying it.' which is just above the Turn 3 caption.

TBF I am not sure that the Tuareg LCam can destroy that Indian Light infantry from a flank, for the following reasons:

1) to get to the flank of the Indian Light Infantry - which I assume is directly in front of its own friendly elephant base (?) - the Light Camel must touch the Elephant base. And that prohibits a flank attack. If the camels choose not to touch the elephant base, regardless of the fact that the camels started behind the light infantry units flank, if they sticks out in front of the Indian Light Infantry's flank base, it will be classified as a frontal attack not a flank attack. That means that the camels must swing around so they conform and are in frontal base to base contact with the Light Foot. Which (if it choses to stay and fight - see below) would get a +1 support from the MF mixed sword/bow unit to its left (in the picture).

2). however, the Indian Light Infantry also has the option to evade from the Light Camel's attack. It can either choose to evade along the line of the attackers charge - which would mean it would turn away from the line of charge, go back through the Indian MF mixed sword/bows originally to its left, but it can also side step to come out behind the other elephant that was originally on its left (after the MF sword/bow mixed unit). Or, alternatively, it could evade away, directly to its own rear, going through the elephant behind it and out of danger.
If the Light Foot did evade, the Light Camel would not have to prosecute its charge to the full distance.

Now I might have missed a lot here ... but that what it looks like to me ... Smile

I hope that is helpful
Mark
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
PHGamer
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 29, 2023 9:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think you are correct on all points. I was going through the pictures a week after the game and trying to justify what I saw on the film. Memory gets fuzzy a week after 6 games. There was a LI there, and then there wasn't.
I think mistakes were made during the game.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
KevinD
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 30, 2023 11:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Can’t the LCm conform front corner to the rear corner (of the LI) as under 3rd bullet on p 50?

Didn’t the LCm have the option to evade from the elephant’s conformation?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Battle reports
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: