Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
List 60 Classical Greek
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 18, 2022 12:07 am    Sujet du message: List 60 Classical Greek Répondre en citant
[Asked by another on the Facebook site]
Aetolians and Phocaeans option - there is no asterisk on the Hoplites replacement lines. Does this mean an included general is not an option? (as opposed to a typo)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 06, 2022 8:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The poor guy that asked was thinking about building such an army...

OK so has anyone gone through the lists in detail? are there other armies without an include option?
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 07, 2022 6:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
no asterisk, no included general.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 09, 2022 2:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, of course, hence the question.
hcaille
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 07, 2022 4:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello

After verification, there is an error here.
Aetolian and Phocean should includes their generals in Hoplites
So you can add an * to Other Hoplites line

This will be added in the next Errata file.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 25, 2022 9:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
hcaille a écrit:
Hello

After verification, there is an error here.
Aetolian and Phocean should includes their generals in Hoplites
So you can add an * to Other Hoplites line

This will be added in the next Errata file.

Is it also missing from the Theban sacred band?

Dernière édition par MC_Delicatessen le Lun Aoû 08, 2022 10:41 pm; édité 1 fois
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 26, 2022 7:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Huh? The Thebans don't replace the Hoplites but do replace the horse and with a general option, so generals with hoplites or horse.
viclineal
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 29, 2023 12:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi all,

I've just started to look into ADG and I'm adapting a number of hoplite Greek armies for other DBx rulesets that I own. Apologies in advance if the questions are too basic, I'm still getting the hang of it Wink
I am working with the Spanish version of the rules published by Miniaturama Publishing, and I wanted to check if I'm reading the nuances of the list correctly (and if there is any difference between the Spanish version and other versions).

- As written, the option to upgrade light infantry to elite as Cretan seems to apply to both archers and slingers, is that correct?
- In Thessalian armies, which substitute the generic cavalry entry, cavalry types are divides into two boxes. As I understand it, the option to include a General applies only to the first, i.e. to heavy cavalry. Is that correct?
- Thracian infantry with the 2HW option presumably represents infantry with rhompaia; however, although in the Thracian list proper this can only be fielded from 350 BC onwards, in the Greek list (and in other lists that contain Thracians as mercenaries, such as Later Achaemenid Persians) there is no date limit. Is this correct? Is this just an oversight from list revisions between versions?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 29, 2023 9:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
viclineal a écrit:
Hi all,

I've just started to look into ADG and I'm adapting a number of hoplite Greek armies for other DBx rulesets that I own. Apologies in advance if the questions are too basic, I'm still getting the hang of it Wink
I am working with the Spanish version of the rules published by Miniaturama Publishing, and I wanted to check if I'm reading the nuances of the list correctly (and if there is any difference between the Spanish version and other versions).

- As written, the option to upgrade light infantry to elite as Cretan seems to apply to both archers and slingers, is that correct?
- In Thessalian armies, which substitute the generic cavalry entry, cavalry types are divides into two boxes. As I understand it, the option to include a General applies only to the first, i.e. to heavy cavalry. Is that correct?
- Thracian infantry with the 2HW option presumably represents infantry with rhompaia; however, although in the Thracian list proper this can only be fielded from 350 BC onwards, in the Greek list (and in other lists that contain Thracians as mercenaries, such as Later Achaemenid Persians) there is no date limit. Is this correct? Is this just an oversight from list revisions between versions?

Archers and slingers are functionally identical in ADLG, so it actually makes no difference in the game whether you upgrade archers or slingers. I am sure most of us would upgrade archer figures though, as thats what Cretans are known for.
Thessalians - yes, that's how I'd read it. A separate "box generally indicates the troops in it are a separate thing to those in other 'boxes' in the ADLG lists.
Threcians - yes, romphia, even in that dateline. You will find that the ADLG lists are generally written in a way which is more permissive and relaxed than many other rulesets lists when it comes to relatively minor things like this.
viclineal
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 17, 2023 8:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
viclineal a écrit:
Hi all,

Archers and slingers are functionally identical in ADLG, so it actually makes no difference in the game whether you upgrade archers or slingers. I am sure most of us would upgrade archer figures though, as thats what Cretans are known for.
Thessalians - yes, that's how I'd read it. A separate "box generally indicates the troops in it are a separate thing to those in other 'boxes' in the ADLG lists.
Threcians - yes, romphia, even in that dateline. You will find that the ADLG lists are generally written in a way which is more permissive and relaxed than many other rulesets lists when it comes to relatively minor things like this.

Thank you for your comments, much appreciated!

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: