Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Lights who evade, turn again and get caught
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 04, 2023 11:26 pm    Sujet du message: Lights who evade, turn again and get caught Répondre en citant
How does it work when light troops evade and turn at the end of their evade move and then get caught?

It looks like p 49 says “in the subsequent combat phase†it “fights as if attacked in the rear†. I assume this means they can actually turn after the evade and take 1 cohesion hit if caught by non-lights but during the melee phase (only) they fight as if attacked in the rear - i.e. no Javelins or Impact and the enemy gets +1 for rear attack. But in its subsequent turn (if it survived, is faster, etc.) it can break off as it is now facing the enemy and is no longer contacted on the rear. Is this correct?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Probably but in my experience none has survived to even think of breaking off.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 05, 2023 11:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
How does it work when light troops evade and turn at the end of their evade move and then get caught?

It looks like p 49 says “in the subsequent combat phase†it “fights as if attacked in the rear†. I assume this means they can actually turn after the evade and take 1 cohesion hit if caught by non-lights but during the melee phase (only) they fight as if attacked in the rear - i.e. no Javelins or Impact and the enemy gets +1 for rear attack. But in its subsequent turn (if it survived, is faster, etc.) it can break off as it is now facing the enemy and is no longer contacted on the rear. Is this correct?

That does seem to be exactly what the rules say, so I can't imagine why it woud be any different - but as Jumbo says, this is almost always a moot question anyway.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: