Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Uncontrolled charges and same enemy to both flank and rear
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 07, 2024 5:24 am    Sujet du message: Uncontrolled charges and same enemy to both flank and rear Répondre en citant
If there is an impetuous unit with a single enemy who is ZOCing both his flank and rear, does the impetuous unit make an uncontrolled charge after it?

I assume not as the enemy is ZOCing his rear and no other enemy is more threatening. (P 46, 2nd bullet.) But is this meant to apply when the unit is both to its flank and rear?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 07, 2024 6:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Impetuous units are provoked by enemy forward of their rear edge line.

Why would the same unit being on the rear as well exempt them from the requirement?
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 07, 2024 8:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I was reading the literal exception on page 46.

Is it supposed to refer only to enemy that are ENTIRELY behind the impetuous unit - because this is is not what it says….
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 07, 2024 9:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
SteveR a écrit:
Impetuous units are provoked by enemy forward of their rear edge line.

Why would the same unit being on the rear as well exempt them from the requirement?

Perhaps its just that Kevin has now run out of even wildly corner-case situations, and excessively arcane readings of the wording in the rules in order to generate questions for this forum, and is now having to throw out rather silly stuff that even he knows isn't really there simply in order to keep generating posts in the rules section of the forum?

Maybe it's a sign of the End Times?

Wink
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 07, 2024 10:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Kevin,

What I think the bullet is supposed to encompass is the situation where a unit has a zoc on the rear and another enemy to the front which is not the most threatening enemy.

The ZOC on the rear eliminates the requirement to be uncontrolled.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 09, 2024 1:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:

I assume not as the enemy is ZOCing his rear and no other enemy is more threatening. (P 46, 2nd bullet.) But is this meant to apply when the unit is both to its flank and rear?

How is this not clear?

First who is most threatening?
Second is in a position like bullet two describes?
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 09, 2024 3:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I know this is what the rules literally say, I just want to check that this is actually how it is played.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: