Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Painting List 120
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Auteur Message
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 06, 2015 5:55 am    Sujet du message: Painting List 120 Répondre en citant
Can someone cite a painting guide for Wei or Wu dynasty Chinese? List 120.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail
Karakhanid
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 07, 2015 12:53 am    Sujet du message: Re: Painting List 120 Répondre en citant
Stephen a écrit:
Can someone cite a painting guide for Wei or Wu dynasty Chinese? List 120.

Hello, I think there are a couple of illustrations in the book of Osprey Publishing "Imperial Chinese Armies 1", which are also included in the book of Osprey Publishing "Soldiers of the dragon". For the later period any source about the Sui dinasty and the early T'ang period may also be useful,as the book of Montvert publications "The Army of Tang China".For this period I highly recommend you the miniatures of Outpost Wargames Services.
I hope it helps
Mikel
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 07, 2015 1:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you very kindly.

Sadly, I have already purchased Essex -15 mm figures but happily they are very, very nice. I found Outpost on the French language site but was reluctant to order as there are no pictures on the Outpost web site and I was a bit put off by the chatty descriptions of staff. Korosanni figures are a good choice as well although Essex has been shipping very quickly to the United States
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 07, 2015 6:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't think we know a lot about their uniforms.

I've seen blues, greens and reds.

One person did a Terracotta army in terracotta.

I have mine in a lot of white linen and am currently trying to add a lot of color with shields and standards.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 07, 2015 9:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
16 Pictures website suggests mostly white with a fair amount of red and some light green and lilac. Osprey 284 depicts mostly white with a fair amount of red and some mid to light purple. Can't seem to find my Guangdong cave paintings books but will post when and if I do.

Han dynasty regulations called for blue and green colors for military.

That is all I have so far
Stephen
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 08, 2015 2:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Cave 254 shows Wei soldiers mostly in emerald blue but with some brick red. Cave 285 shows warriors in dark blue bordered in yellow or red bordered in yellow. Shields are red with yellow tops and sky blue bottoms or red with sky blue tops and bottoms or dark blue with sky blue tops and bottoms.

The dark blue is almost black.

Cavalry have metal or white cloth barding and wear dark blue or red clothing with light yellow surcoats. Cavalry have bow plus Lance but no shields.

Most military figures in other caves wear primarily emerald blue clothing. The emerald part is faded. A slightly different blue shade is used to depict metal armor.

Aurel Stein's notes depict a mounted standard bearer with an off white long tunic with vertical black stripes.

All for the nonce.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: