Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
ZoC Question 1 "moving closer"
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 09, 2017 4:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Snowhitsky a écrit:
Can't do it because red unit's front left corner is moving away from the ZOC.

This is the line from the rules I used for my interpretation: "The unit cannot exit the most threatening enemy's ZoC or move away from it" (my emphasis).

Imagine blue unit has a friend (green unit) lined up with it on its right flank. According to the way you play it, red unit could move straight forward until enough of the unit was in green unit's ZOC which would then become the most menacing unit. Basically, that would allow you to ignore blue's ZOC to line up against green unit. With a shallower angle of approach you could move across a whole line of units until you reached the last one.

I am with snowhitsky here, but only in part. It does depend on the presence and location of other units.

A) if there was a second enemy unit to the right and aligned with the first ('green' as per snowhitsky), the move must be disallowed because the red unit would be entering the ZoC of that 'green' enemy, making that unit 'the most threatening', thus effectively leaving the ZoC of the original enemy, which is forbidden under the second bullet point.
(P34 states that where a unit is in the ZoC of several units, it ignores all but the most threatening.)

B) if the 'green' unit was facing in a different direction (or absent, per the original diagram) the move would be permissible since the red unit is not leaving the enemy zoc and it is moving closer to the most threatening enemy, albeit at an angle. Ultimately it would end up in face to face contact with that enemy, all else being equal.

Note,
1) There are three choices in the second bullet point; to 'align', to move closer, or to charge the enemy. If the unit has to change its direction in order to charge the enemy or to move closer to it, it can only make its front edge parallel with the enemy's by that movement.

2) I believe this should also form the basis of the other question raised by Daveallen.[/quote]
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 09, 2017 4:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Very Happy LoL, snap Patrick
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 10, 2017 8:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Patrick, I look forward to the technical board's memo.

The point of the case about the quarter turn was to show up the flaw in the argument that the front corner of a unit couldn't get further away from the ZoC.

And since it's been brought up, there were no other ZoCs involved in the original ruling
AntiokosIII
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Aoû 10, 2017 4:02 pm    Sujet du message: I bet.. Répondre en citant
..I can fit MORE angels on this pinhead. Oh, for heaven's sake, it's a simple rule. You can line up.It says so, corners or not.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: