Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Mediocre Pikemen or Heavy Spearmen
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 12:52 am    Sujet du message: Mediocre Pikemen or Heavy Spearmen Répondre en citant
Hello gents! One of my more preferred lists I like to run is Scots Common (or Medieval Scots in ADLG). I am in a dilemma though, I can't for the like of me decide if I want to take the Scots Spearmen as Mediocre Pike or Heavy Spear! I am fairly new to list building and ADLG in general so I don't have a whole lot games under my belt yet, but half the fun is theorizing and list building.

So to do a bit of compare and contrast here:
Similarities:
1. Both cost 8 points
2. Both are HI
3. Both have Pr 1
4. Both have Co 4
5. Both have impact vs Mounted

Differences:
1. The Pikemen are mediocre
2. The Spearmen are only +1 vs most units
3. The Spearmen are more maneuverable

As far as I can tell, it essentially comes down to the Pikemen in combat are the same as the spearmen if I roll a 4+. The trade off is that the spearmen will be more maneuverable to turn on flanks and such.

My gut tells me that the mediocre Pikemen are the way to go, but what say ye?

Stanton
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 9:37 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
if they come Under heavy fire of Longbowmen, especially Elite, the mediocre Pk will be more likely to lose cohesion than the ordinary HI.
The longbow brings back protection to 0, so
vs ordinary HI: 18/36 to lose cohesion
vs mediocre Pk: 22/36 to lose...
and you will suffer 4 shots before coming to close combat...
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 11:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think mediocre pike is generally the "right" choice, though the vulnerability to shooting is something to carefully consider.
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think so. With PK you have +2 ans with sp +1. This is thé big différence! You can protect your PK from shoot.
AntiokosIII
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 08, 2017 8:35 pm    Sujet du message: I agree with Ethan Répondre en citant
ethan a écrit:
I think mediocre pike is generally the "right" choice, though the vulnerability to shooting is something to carefully consider.

Buy a few LI and screen the pike from shooting if it worries you. If the pike arrive indecent shape they will kill the longbow right to death.
Pyrrhus17
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Heavy spearmen one of the most common troop types in History ,Sadly pretty much anything else has more use than this troop type Laughing

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: