Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
The Light Infantry [and Light Cav] Trap
Page 4 sur 4 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 11:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Totally agree.

If the LF is not an overlap it can escape by evading, as long as the HF it evades through is not classified as being in combat or acting as a overlap.

So I suppose that is the real question, can that HF voluntarily opt not to act in overlap?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 12:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Basically, the HF may choose, as for a WWg fighting two units. if you have 2 units in overlap position, you may freely choose which one is counted as and change from phase to phase.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 2:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I thought there was part of the thread stating you had to choose which unit is providing support and stick with it unless it moved away. Have to see if I can find it........
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 5:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:
Basically, the HF may choose, as for a WWg fighting two units. if you have 2 units in overlap position, you may freely choose which one is counted as and change from phase to phase.

This would be an unfortunate final decision as it brings in a minor level of gameness that does not have to be and does not help the game.

Shootings
Evades
Movements

All through same area. I get to choose when and if I move I can change it. Does the sequence of arriving matter?

It just introduces things that are not needed.

EE2EE

E are enemy heavy units
2 is a friendly Light infantry
3s and 4 are friendly heavy units.
2 had to arrive first and move into support.
But now I can move up 4 and declare it is in support and even pass through 2.
2 could be shot at. But if no one asks and in future turn another Enemy wants to charge 2, the player can declare 2 as in support and it evades through 4.
What if I declare 2 in support and 4 wants to move to its present position but it is impetuous not moving its full distance. That would be 2 CP because its not moving into support? Obviously silly but another example of why this "pick who is in support" method is flawed.

This is all cumbersome. Better to be if you are in support position, you are in support with all its ramifications. The whole this is a rule to control the +1 for support on each side is I think a red hering that opens things unproductively for manipulation.
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 24, 2018 10:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
If the friendly LF is not an overlap (at any point) and is in contact on either flank by enemy HF (so it is in effect in corner-to-corner contact with both enemy HF) is it not automatically destroyed, as it is LF in the open, in contact with a heavier enemy unit in frontal contact (as the corner to corner counts as frontal)?

That way you avoid any 'gamey' play
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 25, 2018 2:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
First it is LI (light Infantry) and HI (Heavy Infantry). p 13-14. Laughing Laughing

Now seriously.

p 52
Left column last sentence of Contact restrictions. "LI can contact an enemy in open terrain to provide support."

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 4 sur 4 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: