Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Unreliable corps; revealing an ambush
Page 4 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
navigator
Archer

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 22, 2023 2:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
[i]Dan outlined the following......Let me step in here with a blunt clarification of what Lionel is saying.

You may not voluntarily reveal an ambush of a hesitant corps. p80. I know everyone suffering this thread gets that. The operative question is what is an available option before the corps has tested to see if it reliable or hesitant.

Therefore:
You should take the rule (p 80 right side bullets 1 and 2) to include a corps that has not yet tested. Meaning a "potentially hesitant corps" may not voluntarily reveal an ambush.

Lionel has articulated why he sees this in the rules

''''''''''''''''
]BUT this needs to be in an errata or amendment. It isnt a clarification it is an amendment of a clearly written rule....Tongue in cheek but seriously, i dont want to travel 1000s of miles (literally) to play a game when someone quotes a new rule that isnt in the rule book and is clearly not is what is written in the rule book

Issue an Errata please... cheers paul
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 22, 2023 3:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Non, la règle est suffisamment claire et ne laisse place à aucune interprétation sur ce point.
En V3, il y avait de nombreuses "clarifications", en fait des reformulations. Du coup, la FAQ était plus longue que la règle.
Si vous avez des doutes, demandez à l'arbitre AVANT de faire un truc tordu ou incompris comment il considère la chose. Il est là pour çà.
navigator
Archer

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 22, 2023 8:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The rule as written in the rule book is clear that potentially unreliable corps which have not yet rolled a dice can place their ambush on table if an attacker moves close in bound one. That is my point. But hay ho .. this is in the english version it may be different in the french one. I will now have to read through all the other rule queiries on line to see what other rule changes have been made that i dont know about! Very Happy
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 1:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
navigator a écrit:
The rule as written in the rule book is clear...
so ????

OK. I will fly over and beat you to death with a wet copy of WRG 2nd edition if you make me read this thread from the past that you resurrected for some demented purposes. I don't even want to fathom the Monty Python image posts.

Start afresh.

Please politely and without rhetoric explain to me what the issue is or not clear without appeals to anything else. I will be a kind patient constable and you will be a clear concise witness and then let's see where we are. Deal?
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 6:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
navigator a écrit:
The rule as written in the rule book is clear...
so ????

Please politely and without rhetoric explain to me what the issue is or not clear without appeals to anything else. I will be a kind patient constable and you will be a clear concise witness and then let's see where we are. Deal?

I raised this as I wanted to ensure that the English rules reflect Herve's intention rather than old style micro analysing text. In the rules there is nothing on page 80 to prevent a defender from voluntarily revealing an unreliable corps ambush in turn 1, before testing to see if it is hesitant. Is this the intention? "Hesitant corps" pg80, BP2 forbids voluntarily revealing an ambush for hesitant corps. Accordingly it is not relevant for a defender in turn 1 as he cannot be hesitant until he has tested. This is explicitly different to BP1 on moving and shooting which specifically includes corps which have “not yet testedâ€,

If that is the intention I am ok to accept Lionel’s response that voluntary deployment is not allowed, but IMHO an errata is needed as it is not written on page 80, let alone being “clearâ€. I am not sure what “activation†means in this context, but in turn 1 the defender can normally shoot or reveal ambushes if the enemy come close, unless forbidden by BP1 or BP2 above. Also as no dice has yet been rolled yet the defender cannot be hesitant. “So, according with anothers points of rule:
1 you cannot do anything before corps activation
2 if you roll 1, your corp is hesitant and you can't revel a ambush
.â€

Dernière édition par Mike Bennett le Dim Avr 23, 2023 7:57 am; édité 9 fois
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 2:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
On ne peut pas révéler d'embuscade, ni faire quoi que ce soit sur un corps avant de lancer le dé. Voir les règles sur l'activation des corps.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 3:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
On ne peut pas révéler d'embuscade, ni faire quoi que ce soit sur un corps avant de lancer le dé. Voir les règles sur l'activation des corps.

Thanks for the clarification, of course that seems the most consistent rule. On page 80 I can see that shooting or moving is banned but I cannot see anything else mentioned for the defenders turn 1 before rolling his first dice. Please would you let us know what page or paragraph I have missed.
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 4:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
FROM DT : According to p80 rule for unreliable corps and p78 revealing ambush rule conclusion is :
On the first turn, during the attacker movement phase, as an hesitant corps has not been tested, the defender cannot voluntary reveal hesitant corps ambush if ennemy is coming within 4UD. No voluntary action can be undertake by an hesitant corps before the 1st die roll has been made, except those trigerred by ennemy action (i.e any action making an hesitiant corps reliable).
Considering ambushes for the 1st turn, attacker movement phase, a player can voluntary reveal an ambush if it belongs to a non-hesitant corps.
Snowhitsky
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 5:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:
lionelrus a écrit:

Thanks for the clarification, of course that seems the most consistent rule. On page 80 I can see that shooting or moving is banned but I cannot see anything else mentioned for the defenders turn 1 before rolling his first dice. Please would you let us know what page or paragraph I have missed.

See p23, Game Turn, Movement:

1st para: You have to activate your corps before you can do anything.
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 5:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you for that, Commodore.

If nine months ago the rules committee announced that page 80 section Hesitant corps bullet 1 should read "cannot shoot or move or voluntarily reveal its ambushes" and bullet 2 should be struck, the rules would be shorter and better, and we could have avoided some unnecessary acrimony.

Please, please, find someone with the ability to make your post (and the prior DT ruling) "sticky". It is very hard for customers to find these updates otherwise.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 6:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Snowhitsky a écrit:
Mike Bennett a écrit:
lionelrus a écrit:

See p23, Game Turn, Movement:

1st para: You have to activate your corps before you can do anything.

Does that not also apply to non hesitant corps, so nobody can reveal ambushes in the attackers first turn??
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 6:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So in conclusion an allied or unreliable Corp is a hesitant Corp until it's not.
So it's first roll it to see if it is STILL hesitant and not to see if it is hesitant.

Perhaps that's how it should have been written in English.

Only the French can know if that's what is written in French.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 6:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
So in conclusion an allied or unreliable Corp is a hesitant Corp until it's not.
So it's first roll it to see if it is STILL hesitant and not to see if it is hesitant.

No, every one can buy the frech ruleset and read it. Exacly what was done at dbm time: all french player had english ruleset.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 6:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Neep a écrit:
Thank you for that, Commodore.

Please, please, find someone with the ability to make your post (and the prior DT ruling) "sticky". It is very hard for customers to find these updates otherwise.

Commodore just says what i said months ago....
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 23, 2023 6:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Dickstick a écrit:

No, every one can buy the frech ruleset and read it. Exacly what was done at dbm time: all french player had english ruleset.

To buy = easy
To read = for some impossible. I am unable to hear and retain any foreign language beyond the vocab of a three year old.
I'm so jealous of those who can.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 4 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: