Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Impetuous Heavy Infantry Movement in the Operational Zone
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 5:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Dickstick a écrit:
That's not harsh. You are under a miss interpretation .
If some of the HI group are within 4ud then the group move is 2ud max.

I don’t think that’s the case..

However, it is....
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
gregfilip
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 6:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Dickstick a écrit:
That's not harsh. You are under a miss interpretation .
If some of the HI group are within 4ud then the group move is 2ud max.

I don’t think that’s the case. Where do the rules say they do not have a 3 UD maximum movement allowance if others in their group have a lower rate? Impetuous troops who slow down to move with slower troops (such as Impetuous MI groups that have some units in Open and some units in Difficult) pays the extra.

the official answer:
….
When HI move outside 4UD from an enemy their normal movement is 3UD, so anything less is a difficult move for Impetuous HI, which therefore costs 2CP.

I agree it would be a better rule if they could move 2 UD and avoid paying this penalty, but I don’t think that’s what the rules say, especially in light of the clarification above.

Hi.
The text in red is an official Answer from Herve or Hubert ?
Is it posted somewhere ?
At the forums ,or is in errata?
Thanks
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 7:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It is the official answer from El Kreator himself. I am merely his humble messenger. 

It is not posted elsewhere, and since this is a clarification rather than some mistake in the rules text, I do not think it will be added to the ‘Errata’.
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 7:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
There seems to be a lot of confusion about who is saying what in these last few exchanges.

So do I understand correctly?

An Impetuous unit suffers the Unmanoeuvrable penalty if it (counts as) having moved less than its movement allowance as an individual unit. So while the group movement allowance might be less because some units are in the wrong zone, or some are in or enter the wrong terrain, or some are just slow, it makes no difference. If the Impetuous unit counts as moving less than its movement allowance as an individual unit, the group suffers the penalty.
gregfilip
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 8:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
It is the official answer from El Kreator himself. I am merely his humble messenger. 

It is not posted elsewhere, and since this is a clarification rather than some mistake in the rules text, I do not think it will be added to the ‘Errata’.

Thanks a lot
It should be integrated though in the errata file together with any other official answers
So will help players find all their answers more easily
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 8:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
gregfilip a écrit:
Ramses II a écrit:

Thanks a lot
It should be integrated though in the errata file together with any other official answers
So will help players find all their answers more easily

Well, DT solves the problem yesterday around 2am, so may we get a delay before integrating this?
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 30, 2021 8:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
There seems to be a lot of confusion about who is saying what in these last few exchanges.

So do I understand correctly?

An Impetuous unit suffers the Unmanoeuvrable penalty if it (counts as) having moved less than its movement allowance as an individual unit. So while the group movement allowance might be less because some units are in the wrong zone, or some are in or enter the wrong terrain, or some are just slow, it makes no difference. If the Impetuous unit counts as moving less than its movement allowance as an individual unit, the group suffers the penalty.

No, read again snwisky'post....
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 31, 2021 1:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:
It's in the general rules. A group moves at the speed of the slowest unit. So if one unit of a group is within 4UD of the enemy the entire HI group's movement allowance is 2 UD. If they mive 2 UD then it's 1 CP.

So an elephant moving in a group with HI has a movement allowance of 2UD (unless the group wheels), and suffers no penalty for moving less than 3UD?
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 31, 2021 6:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
Citation:
It's in the general rules. A group moves at the speed of the slowest unit. So if one unit of a group is within 4UD of the enemy the entire HI group's movement allowance is 2 UD. If they mive 2 UD then it's 1 CP.

So an elephant moving in a group with HI has a movement allowance of 2UD (unless the group wheels), and suffers no penalty for moving less than 3UD?

You know that is a difficult manouver for the elephant and thus 2 cp.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 31, 2021 6:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
At the start of my move phase I have a group of 2 HI: 1 is inside the Operational zone; 1 is outside.

I can:
- move the whole group 2 UD for 1 CP (the unit outside the Operational zone is part of a group that has a unit inside the zone - the group’s max move is therefore 2 UD),

or split the group and move the unit inside the Operational zone 2 UD for 1 CP and the unit outside the zone 3CP for 1 CP (total of 2 CP spent).
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 31, 2021 6:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:

AlanCutner a écrit:
Citation:

You know that is a difficult manouver for the elephant and thus 2 cp.

Yes, I have always assumed so. But I'm just applying Snowhitsky's logic on move allowance for groups.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 31, 2021 7:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Forgive me, but I think you may all be wrong here. 

Where there are units with different movement allowances in a group, the group moves at the slowest rate - agreed. 

But where the group contains impetuous units that are moving less than their maximum allowance, then moving a group containing some Impetuous units in this way costs 2CP (or even 3CP) unless it makes contact with the enemy. 

This reduction in movement allowance may be caused by penalising terrain or having units in different zones as outlined above. 
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 01, 2021 6:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So a group consisting of HI and an elephant, where the elephant is within 4UD and the HI are outside 4 UD, can move a maximum of 2 UD as a group. That means the elephant will be moving short. The group move will cost 2 CP.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 01, 2021 7:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
So a group consisting of HI and an elephant, where the elephant is within 4UD and the HI are outside 4 UD, can move a maximum of 2 UD as a group. That means the elephant will be moving short. The group move will cost 2 CP.

I believe that they can all move 3ud costing 1ud.
Anything short of 3ud will cost 2ud.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 01, 2021 2:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Correct DS. 
Life is (relatively) easy where the impetuous units in a group have the lowest movement allowance, while things become ‘more complicated’ the other way round . . 

Smile

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: