Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Allied Command on a Flank March
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 20, 2023 9:54 pm    Sujet du message: Allied Command on a Flank March Répondre en citant
Just confirming that we played this correctly in a recent game:

I had an Allied Command on a Flank March - it was composed of an Ordinary, Included, Allied General + 6 MF impetuous and 1 LF jav and 1 LF bow.
My opponent also had a Flank March - both had to be on the same side as there was a Waterway on the other. His command was 1 x Elephant (included General), 2 x MF mixed swd/bow, 1 x LF bow and 1 x MC.

I am the attacker, so I roll 1st for my Flank Attack and roll a 1 ( Rolling Eyes ) - so my Allied Commander is Unreliable, even though he is not yet on-table (we assume that is correct - Question 1)

In my opponents turn he rolls a 6 - so his Flank March is on next turn. However, as my Flank March is larger than his (7 to his 4+1/2) I push him back onto the table.
This is where we thought it got complicated/confusing ... as my Unreliable Command had in-fact forced back my opponents flank march, did he automatically become 'Reliable'? (Question 2) - we agreed that although it was highly probable that the two flank marches would have seen each other (probably at 4UDs) there didn't appear to be anything stating that this made the unreliable corps reliable. So we played it that way.

However, in my next turn even though I had pushed back the enemy flank march, we also assumed that I had to dice to see if my Unreliable commander (still on his flank march) became reliable - I threw a 6, so he did and came on the table in my turn or so we assumed (Question 3) or should he have arrived that turn as he had pushed back the enemy flank march (Question 4). We played it that I had to wait a turn to bring my flank march on-table.

All a bit complicated and TBF we both felt that the fact that the Unreliable General had pushed the opposing flank march back, probably meant he was going to automatically been reliable anyway, as would have been the case (almost certainly) had the situation been reversed, so it all seemed a bit convoluted.

Of course, it might have been very different had the Unreliable commander remained unreliable and off-table.
Or did the fact that he had successfully pushed-back the opposing flank march mean that he should have appeared on the table edge, in an unreliable state and then automatically become reliable - as the enemy flank march was pushed back to 4UDs at that point? (Question 5).

I'd be interested in thoughts and views
Thank you
Mark
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2023 4:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1 yes
2 Yes. if there is an hesitant corps and it is on either side of a driven back situation it becomes reliable. p 80 end of first para.
3 no
4 the victorious comes on in the next movement phase. immediate.
5 i think its cleared up
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 21, 2023 1:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
1 yes
2 Yes. if there is an hesitant corps and it is on either side of a driven back situation it becomes reliable. p 80 end of first para.
3 no
4 the victorious comes on in the next movement phase. immediate.
5 i think its cleared up

Thanks Dan - that makes it all a lot clearer and simpler (we'd missed the P.80 end of 1st para. bit). So we were close but no cigar Very Happy

In the end the game was a fun close draw (my Ancient Germans against a Kushan) but I also had another Unreliable Commander who just sat on his deployment line for the entire game and watched his two companion commanders battle it out with the entire Kushan army including a couple of elephants and a horde of Cataphracts on their own Shocked
But the flank march did at least capture the enemy camp before it was savagely trampled on by the elephants.

Much appreciated
Mark

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: