Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Evade move blocked and reorientation
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 29, 2024 4:24 pm    Sujet du message: Evade move blocked and reorientation Répondre en citant
So I had a funny one happen yesterday

Two units each 1 UD by 1 UD were fighting.

My opponent had a unit of LI in simple support. The fight was in the open.

Like this

1 is facing down. 2 and 3 are on the same side facing up. But unit 3, the LI was slightly advanced so that it was in side edge to side edge contact and providing simple support.

I had a unit of HI 2 UD away on the flank of the LI. I recognized that the LI would not be able to evade if charged and so cleverly, (I thought) declared a charge on the LI

Looking at the evade procedure, step 1 is to reorient. When we did that the LI turned left and so were in front edge contact with both units. In step 2 we determined that their evade path was blocked. They had both friends they cannot interpenetrate and enemy located within 1 UD and because of the way they were slightly advanced they could not avoid them by a slide.

So the evade move was "cancelled" per step 2 and we left them in that position

But as the evade was cancelled in the charge procedure we are not in step 6 - all targets did not evade so there was no adjusted charge distance roll.

So my HI stopped at 2 UD and not in any contact. So the LI was fine

Adding insult to injury as it was in front edge contact it still acted as simple support.

When a unit which is not 1 UD deep evades it gains some distance equal to the difference between its own depth and 1 UD. And in this case it was enough to get away from my charge even if it didn't evade.

Anyway, I think we did it right
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 29, 2024 5:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Are you saying that you turned the LI as if to evade. Then learned the evade was cancelled and left the LI turned?

If the evade move is cancelled there is no turn. The unit stands where it started.
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 29, 2024 8:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you Dan,

Exactly. I wondered if this was the case.

The turn happens in step 1 of the evade procedure. And after doing step 1, step 2 is where you check to see if the evade is cancelled or not. Being a rigid constructionist it seemed you should do the steps in order and not undo the turn.

I suppose if an evading Medium Cav or the like has a blocked evade you dont turn it around and get smacked in the rear. You are just compelled to stand.

But the Medium Cav can choose to not try to evade and of course LI cannot choose.

Looks like I overthought it.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: