Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Possible translation error on charges
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 11, 2014 4:39 am    Sujet du message: Possible translation error on charges Répondre en citant
our local French player uses his French edition and we use our English edition of the rules.

page 36 "charge movement" 2nd sentence.

This explains charges and among other things confirms you can turn and charge. I am told the French rules say you turn and you cannot wheel but charge and conform to contact.

But the English rules have the end of the sentence "turn followed by an optional wheel."

This clearly suggests I can charge via a turn and wheel after turning.

comments?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Rosbif
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 11, 2014 6:44 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The French version says: A charge consists of an advance towards the enemy with a wheel or a slide at the beginning of the charge. It is also possible to make a half-turn or quarter-turn just before a charge.

So, yes you can make a half-turn and then wheel when charging - the half-turn is done before the charge and the wheel is done at the beginning of the charge (i.e. the wheel is part of the charge, whereas the half-turn is not). The thing you are not allowed to do is to make a half-turn followed by a slide, which is why the wording was changed for the English version, but I don't know why the same wasn't done for the French edition.
JLouis
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 11, 2014 7:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Paul is right. I played a game with Hervé Caille, and he gave me the same answer.

English rule is more accurate. I suppose he forgive to change the french rule or thought is was sufficently clarified by FAQ.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 12, 2014 2:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
excellent. Thank you.
Rosbif
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 12, 2014 12:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
JLouis a écrit:
... English rule is more accurate ...

Thank you. My aim was to avoid anything that was ambiguous, though I may not have always achieved it.
Jupiler
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 5:26 am    Sujet du message: Possible translation error on charges Répondre en citant
Hi, I just want to clarify a point I have been discussing with my group.
I seem to understand by what you are saying that you can turn, then wheel and then charge, hence the whole thing you state 'at the beginning of the charge'
However other members of my group are of the opinion that you can turn then charge then wheel.

When the wheel is allowed matters since if you wheel at the beginning or at the end of the charge it leads you to two different positions in the board. In my case it was the difference between been charged at the flank or at the front of my unit.

So, can you wheel at the end of the charge? For that matter can you wheel at any other point during the charge except from the beginning?

Thanks
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 5:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Normally you declare a charge, wheel and execute it

So if you are doing a quarter or half turn, then your charge. You are asking after the turn may you wheel. Correct?
Thomas
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 7:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi Jupiler,
Welcome in ADG's forum.
One wheel is allowed at the beginning of the charge.

Gengis Khan
Rosbif
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 10:02 am    Sujet du message: Re: Possible translation error on charges Répondre en citant
Jupiler a écrit:
However other members of my group are of the opinion that you can turn then charge then wheel.

Why do the other members of your group think that?
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 10:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, a wheel is only allowed at the beginning of the charge move.

But, after you contacted their maybe a conform move to make the full contact which includes a move similar to a wheel.

Anyway the decision if its a front or a side charge is only defined by the starting position of the charger. Read the point making correct contacts.
Jupiler
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 1:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
Normally you declare a charge, wheel and execute it

So if you are doing a quarter or half turn, then your charge. You are asking after the turn may you wheel. Correct?

No, I know you can wheel. iI am asking when can you wheel.. It seems you may only do it at the beginning of the charge as the french rules say.
Jupiler
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 1:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
chris6 a écrit:
Yes, a wheel is only allowed at the beginning of the charge move.

But, after you contacted their maybe a conform move to make the full contact which includes a move similar to a wheel.

Anyway the decision if its a front or a side charge is only defined by the starting position of the charger. Read the point making correct contacts.

Ok, understood. But my case was different. After the turn the player was not directly in front of me. My point was that if he wheeled he would have charged then conformed to my front. Instead after his turn, he charged straight past to my side then wheeled into my flank and then conformed, which I did not think it was allowed...
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 4:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Jupiler a écrit:

Ok, understood. But my case was different. After the turn the player was not directly in front of me. My point was that if he wheeled he would have charged then conformed to my front. Instead after his turn, he charged straight past to my side then wheeled into my flank and then conformed, which I did not think it was allowed...

Ah I did not understand
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 5:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Me either but did not wanted to answer because of thinking its my fault... Embarassed
Jupiler
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 13, 2014 7:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
chris6 a écrit:
Me either but did not wanted to answer because of thinking its my fault... Embarassed

Sorry if I wasn't clear

Turn+wheel+advance straight+conform= allowed

What happened to me was

Turn+advance straight+wheel+conform= which I am assuming not allowed

Si c'est plus facile je peu expliquer en francaise mais ici je pense que la question Est plutot si la version anglaise on fait explique preciisement le fait que le pivot dois se fair au debut de la charge. Mon group est convancu que parce que les regles en anglais dis que le pivot est part integrale de la charge on peut la faire n'importe a quel moment une fois que la charge a commence. Les regles en anglais sont ambigues sur le point de quand est que le pivot peu se faire...

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: