Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Other missing leaders
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Auteur Message
Uncle Meat
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 16, 2015 6:05 am    Sujet du message: Other missing leaders Répondre en citant
Looking at the lists the other day I realized there were some other big "Strategist" gaps. Maybe the author will consider in the next edition allowing any army to allow the purchase of a strategist as long as they spend the points. Let the player who is creating a list do their own research.

In this way my Ancient Hebrews can have King David-strategist, or Solomon-strategist, and my Judeans Judah Maccabee-strategist, or even Herod the Great-strategist. Also my evil neighbors the Army of Pontus could have Mithradates the Great-strategist. After all who was a better "strategist?" Vercingetorix or Mithradates?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 16, 2015 12:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good idea Razz
Each player will be able to create is own list. So the rule book will be lighter.
Uncle Meat
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 16, 2015 7:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No you still need lists and command, but now every list can have a strategist if you want to spend some of your army points on them. In this way a Pontic Army can have Mithridates as a strategist even though they cannot now which makes no sense again using Vercingetorix as the standard. Plus there were probably hundreds of inspirational leaders amongst many armies that were just not recorded, or are recorded in tablets or materials not yet found or translated. The authors could still list people as examples of inspired leaders.
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 17, 2015 8:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I disagree.
Probably you are right, each army was lead one time in the history by an inspirated (better than strategist) leader. But as we said in France "To much strategist kill the strategist" Razz These sort of commander as to be rare. Some army will become really terrific with a strategic.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 17, 2015 4:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Nope. A strategist is more than inspiration. Not every army had someone or remarkable talent in the operational art of war.

Really that is what a strategist is, not morale, but he impacts who invades and the nature of the battlefield heavily. Also the speed and sustained nature of the attack or maneuver.

This is not a common trait.

I understand the game mechanic of wanting it. But what I like is it keeps some history in the game. It also changes the shopping for the best army. Burgundian may be better than Burgundian Ordonance because of Phillip the Good. (it may not). Certain command rating 2 armies would be seriously more powerful if they had a strategist.

On that why not give everyone a command option of 6 if they want to spend the points?

So I see your point just disagree with it.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 18, 2015 1:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
what means nope?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 19, 2015 2:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
what means nope?

it means no.
said in a very conversational sans culottes style.
and that I agree with bellinconux
belinconnux
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 22, 2015 10:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:

On that why not give everyone a command option of 6 if they want to spend the points?

So I see your point just disagree with it.

So do I.
We have army list. They aren't perfect but they give us something strong.
Spend the point cannot be the ultimate answer.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Others topics
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: