Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Pontic Mithridatic list error
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
GW
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 10, 2015 1:04 am    Sujet du message: Pontic Mithridatic list error Répondre en citant
After playing L'Art de la Guerre once, I was so impressed I went and bought a set of the rules. However, my only concern is that my favorite list in the rules seems to have followed the error of another system of rules concerning the Armenians as allies. My reading of Strabo and Appian Sec III, 17 states that Mithridates' son Arcathias led 10,000 horse from Lesser Armenia (at that time an intrinsic part of Pontus according to Strabo the geographer a native of Pontus.) This was at the battle of the Amnias river. Although it is correct that Tigranes the king of Armenia was Mithridates son in law and ally and they often cooperated against the Cappadocians the only time I have been able to find them fighting a battle together was against Luculus in Armenia where Mithridates rather was the ally general. I think all the above points suggest that it is an error to assume that any Armenian cavalry (including the cataphracts) can only be used as allies. I think it would be more accurate to allow at least 1 or 2 units to be to directly under a Pontic general's command and not as allied troops. I notice that both the "Armati II" and "To the Strongest" rule systems seem to have got it right though.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: