Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
War of the Roses List #236 Commander Question
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 12:51 am    Sujet du message: War of the Roses List #236 Commander Question Répondre en citant
Hello everyone! Very new to ADLG, in fact our local group just played our first game today! We had a great time and I think we as a group will be making a transition from our current rules set preference (DBM) to ADLG.

Any way, onto my question. So one of my armies is Wars of the Roses Yorkist. I noticed in the army lists the Yorkists do not have access to the 0-1 Royal Bodyguards. I was curious as to the thinking behind this given that Edward IV was a well established English King for ~22 years.

Also (and my main question). I can only have 0-2 Men at Arms and these are my only troops which can be commanders. What am I supposed to do for my 3rd commander? Am I going to have to take him as not included? I really do not like doing that and I think it is somewhat historically inaccurate given that the Yorkists, in most all their battles, had VERY able commanders who fought in the thick of the melee.

Thanks guys and really excited to be playing ADLG.

Stanton
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kal5056
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 2:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
For game play purposes non included generals are usually better than included.

Welcome. Glad you are enjoying it thus far

Gino
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 3:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The specific issue was corrected in the FAQ So Yorkists may for the reason you said.

http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/download/FAQ/Official%20amendements%20for%20L’Art%20de%20la%20Guerre%20Rules.pdf?PHPSESSID=94a1f04a78fd24e7e9e0b24c695b95b4

Generally I would say for beginners do not include generals. Once you get the hang then consider for two types. Generals that always fight and generals who never fight and you know how to keep that unit out of the fray.

Until you get the hang of the rules, included generals will limit your command options and die more often than you desire.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 8:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Non included generals can attach and elect to fight.
It means by not saving 3 army points you can get to choose where and when the general fights in the front or just watches from behind.
Maverick2909
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juil 30, 2017 4:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for the replies and the link to the rules errata. This clears things up and makes more sense! I'll have to print them out.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: