Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Conforming and/or Disengaging
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 am    Sujet du message: Conforming and/or Disengaging Répondre en citant
Lots of questions some multiple choice, please explain your answers.

But first the diagram Rolling Eyes

[edit to make C a Cataphract and while I'm about it point out that B is nether impetuous nor impact]

So this is similar to a situation that arose at the weekend. C has just routed a Light Cav unit and pursued into the above position.

1) does B have to conform on its turn?

If B does conform what happens to A:

2) it evades

3) it is pushed out of the way by the conform and ends in flank contact with B

4) Can B disengage from its initial position?

5) If the answer to 4) is yes which direction does it go and end facing?

6) If the answer to 2) is yes that the LI evades, can B make a second move to disengage?

7) without conforming, can B simply make a move to exit C's ZoC?

I think that's it.

Dave
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
P62 pursuit paragraph 5.
C pursues into b conforming to flank contact
No evade
B conforms just before mêlée. (Ie after movement phase)
A never contacted.

No option to disengage. p44 bullet point 7
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't understand that answer. Why is A not contacted? I don't see how it can't be if it stays in the current position. And if its contacted by B wouldn't it be destroyed?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
I don't understand that answer. Why is A not contacted? I don't see how it can't be if it stays in the current position. And if its contacted by B wouldn't it be destroyed?

Citation:
Page 52 DESTRUCTION OF LIGHT INFANTRY

If a light infantry unit is contacted at least partially in open terrain by a charging unit of ...

Since conforming isn't a charge (or a pursuit) their is no reason the LI should be destroyed.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 4:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
P62 pursuit paragraph 5.
C pursues into b conforming to flank contact

I don't see any requirement or ability for a pursuer to conform during or at the end of the pursuit phase
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 5:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:

I don't see any requirement or ability for a pursuer to conform during or at the end of the pursuit phase

I don't think pursuits ever conform.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As Dickstick says, the initial answer is on p62, which forces B to stay and fight, though it may conform at the start of it's turn. Once contacted by the pursuit it may neither evade, disengage or merely 'move away'.

If B chooses to conform, A would be displaced sideways (p53 displacing units), providing support to C. At that point A is now also in melee.

B may neither disengage from the initial contact on it's flank, nor if it conforms on C as it would now have A in contact with it's flank (p44 disengage).

The only ray of hope for B would be if another friend could contact A, destroying it since LI may not evade under these circumstances (p37), at which point B could disengage since cavalry are faster than the cataphracts.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Silly me to think p52 conforming.

Please where did I go wrong with para 2
Conforming is mandatory?
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
[quote="Ramses II"]As Dickstick says, the initial answer is on p62, which forces B to stay and fight, though it [b][i]may[/i][/b] conform at the start of it's turn. Once contacted by the pursuit it may neither evade, disengage or merely 'move away'.

If B chooses to conform, A would be displaced sideways (p53 displacing units), providing support to C. At that point A is now also in melee.

B may neither disengage from the initial contact on it's flank, nor if it conforms on C as it would now have A in contact with it's flank (p44 disengage).

The only ray of hope for B would be if another friend could contact A, destroying it since LI may not evade under these circumstances (p37), at which point B could disengage since cavalry are faster than the cataphracts.[/quote]

I support very little of what you say.
You seem to have not understood paragraph five P62 under pursuit.
There is no evade.
There is no disengage due to contact in flank in move phase
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
While p52 says conformation is mandatory, RAW the pursuers do not conform after a pursuit, (though p62 says the enemy unit may conform at the start of that player's turn).

p55 says that conformation is optional after a melee (although the latest FAQ on the timing of conformation makes subtle changes to this process).

I have raised these apparent anomalies with the French. Wink

(And Dickstick, I thought we were in violent agreement about p62 . . .)

Dernière édition par Ramses II le Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm; édité 1 fois
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Please read the FAQ on conforming.

Q : When can the units conform ?
A : Conformation can happen in 3 cases :
 Just after a charge, to align with the enemy.
 Just after a melee if a unit routs an opponent on its front and there is another opponent whose front is in contact with the unit’s flank or rear (as per p54). The conformation then replaces the pursuit.
 In the player’s turn mouvement phase, to align with an opponent already in contact (flank against flank, or corner against corner for instance). This is detailed on p55 (Conforming after a melee). The conformation then replaces the charge, which can’t take place because the units are already in contact.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yup, the FAQ clarifies the timing of conformation after a melee, but does not otherwise replace the section on p55, which clearly states it is optional.
Likewise para #5 on p62 says the unit 'may' conform, not 'must' conform.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II

You are miss quoting rules

Any miss reading my words.

Too much for me to miss bed tonight correcting things
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Um, if you are referring to your initial posts, then no, C does not conform on B when it makes contact during the pursuit. The units are as the diagram at the start of blue's turn.

I agree that B may not evade (p62), which also states B may conform at the start of it's turn. What else do we disagree on?
plefebvre
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 21, 2017 10:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello Dave

I am afraid i made a mistake when we played together this situation and i apologize . I think that B cannot desengage in any case. It must conform front to front with C. Be doing that, it contacts A . I must now check what A must do, what is not clear for the rule doesn't give a correct answer to this particular case.

"sic transit gloria mundi"

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: