Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Artillery in Terrain
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm    Sujet du message: Artillery in Terrain Répondre en citant
Can artillery be deployed in all terrains?

Does artillery in melee take a minus if in rough or difficult terrain?

With thanks,

Alan
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
p 72
"no unit can be deployed in....terrain...in which it cannot move...unless on road" Then specifically points to artillery in difficult terrain.
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 11, 2017 11:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
p 72
"no unit can be deployed in....terrain...in which it cannot move...unless on road" Then specifically points to artillery in difficult terrain.

Thank you. I thought I remembered that, but could not find it.

Do you think rough terrain should hinder artillery in melee?

Alan
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 12, 2017 6:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I had assumed so, but looking I do not see it.
I assume they figures the +1 to opponent was sufficient.

In my experience artillery dies rapidly to everything that touches it.
A4
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 13, 2017 10:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
I had assumed so, but looking I do not see it.
I assume they figures the +1 to opponent was sufficient.

In my experience artillery dies rapidly to everything that touches it.

Yes I had assumed so too. Thought my bolt shooters were doomed when caught by loose order foot in the rough, but we could not find anything; and when I asked around the club nobody else could either.

Your finding that artillery cannot be deployed in difficult going means that it will never get in to really bad terrain; and I suppose a few dozen blokes with daggers or whatever are in a sense in open order. As you say, the +1 to opponents means the guns are unlikely to last long in melee anyway, regardless of terrain. Still, it was a bit of a surprise.

With thanks,

Alan
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 13, 2017 4:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
That is not quite what it says. In essence, you may deploy troops where they can move. Since a road negates the movement constraints, artillery is allowed to move on a road across difficult terrain and thus you may put artillery on the road if that is in your deployment area.

As to other factors, I think your description of 'a few dozen blokes armed with daggers' sums it up well; they struggle to drag their kit through terrain and can shoot a long way, but are no match with anyone in a straight melee (hence giving their opponents +1 in melee) - they need fortifications or to be defended by other friends etc.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: