Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Corner to corner to not corner?
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 02, 2018 9:42 pm    Sujet du message: Corner to corner to not corner? Répondre en citant
Question on a neighboring table this week.
all units are MI.
Attacker Side "A" has 3 units. At the end of its melee it routs a foe and pursues from "*" into the space.
Defender side "3" has two units in melee and a 3rd unit "^" directly behind.

A*A
3A3
^

So unit "^" is in corner to corner contact at the start of its turn due to the A unit pursuit. It starts in corner to corner contact. It wanted to make a quarter turn. So it would look like thus.

A*A
3A3
>

Is that a legal turn?
I would argue yes, if it was a move to move to contact the front of the unit that it started in contact with.
But if it only wanted to turn and stay in place I am less sure.

I think from a healthy game I wouldn't worry too much, but in a competition I would have been hard pressed to cite the rule.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 12:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Interesting question. I have a feeling that under the October FAQ changes, if you check the third bullet under timing of conformation p13, since the pursuing unit A made contact, in the other player’s movement phase unit “^ “ must conform with A. 

However, under other circumstances I cannot see why the unit cannot turn and remain in corner to corner contact, as none of the other three bullet points apply. 

What do others think?
Commodore
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 6:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
Interesting question. I have a feeling that under the October FAQ changes, if you check the third bullet under timing of conformation p13, since the pursuing unit A made contact, in the other player’s movement phase unit “^ “ must conform with A. 

However, under other circumstances I cannot see why the unit cannot turn and remain in corner to corner contact, as none of the other three bullet points apply. 

What do others think?

First, unit ^ has the option to conform, or must conform if impetuous.
Then if it does not want to conform, it may move freelly or not move at all. So a 1/4 turn is possible but doing so, it contact 3 on its corner, creating a legal front contact(FAQ p7) and has to conform to 3.
The main difference is , in that case, it is not a post-combat conformation, it is a charge move, at PIP cost, so all capabilities applies
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 12:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think F is a friend rather than an enemy. I believe the original position was 

AAA
^

During the melee the central unit “A†destroyed its opponent and pursued into the gap, coming into corner to corner contact with “^â€
We presume that this is not LI, since that would be automatically destroyed. 

Since “^†is in corner to corner contact with the enemy “Aâ€, any move that remains in contact is not a ‘charge’ by definition, so I did not think turning resulted in Conformation, even though it would count as movement. Otherwise a unit in flank to flank contact with an enemy would not be allowed to advance slightly up the flank  without being forced to conform. 

However, by turning in this fashion “^†is not in melee with “A†presumably because it is weak (LMI Bow perhaps) and wants to exert a ZoC over the potential exit point to delay the breakout. The alternative (conforming) would likely hasten the demise of the unit and possibly the game. 

The question therefore still remains whether this is legal or not?
ethan
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 2:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:

The main difference is , in that case, it is not a post-combat conformation, it is a charge move, at PIP cost, so all capabilities applies

I don't think this is correct as the rules. If you are already in contact you can either conform or as P. 55 indicates "charge against another enemy."

I don't think you are allowed to charge someone you are already in contact with.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 03, 2018 5:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree with Ethan. You are not allowed to charge an enemy that you start in corner-to-corner contact with.

Jesse
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 05, 2018 10:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Commodore a écrit:

First, unit ^ has the option to conform, or must conform if impetuous.
Then if it does not want to conform, it may move freelly or not move at all. So a 1/4 turn is possible but doing so, it contact 3 on its corner, creating a legal front contact(FAQ p7) and has to conform to 3.

Just to clarify the unit "^" is behind another friendly unit. So it was not after a rout or disengage but after a pursuit that brought it corner to corner. Would the option to conform still apply.

This is more accurate. Where formerly "^" is now "B"
1*3
A2C
B

So B could not quarter turn without entering melee.
gregfilip
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 07, 2018 11:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
According to FAQ 3d bullet on TIMING of CONFORMATION.

 During a pursuit, if the pursuer contacts a new enemy. If that new unit is not automatically
destroyed it must conform with the front of the pursuer.
So .after unit 2 pursues and contacts unit B corner 2 corner unit B must conforms immediatelly .isnt that right?
so how will it be possible to move or QT next turn?

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: