Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Translation of "Conseils ...: Les troupes légères"
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
MarkC
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 22, 2020 4:50 am    Sujet du message: Translation of "Conseils ...: Les troupes légères" Répondre en citant
Attila has written a post "Conseils pour Débutant: Les troupes légères" in the Tactiques section of the forum. http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4714

For my convenience, and the convenience of other players that only speak English, I have put it through Google translate and posted the results here.

Attila a écrit:
Light troops include light cavalry and light infantry. They are necessary in my opinion in the composition of army lists.

Brief description:

The light infantry:

Equipped with a slingshot or bow, crossbow or firearm, it shoots at 2 UD with 1 penalty of -1. In front of your shock troops, its purpose is to weaken and cause the loss of at least 1 point of cohesion to troops advancing against you.

Equipped with javelins, it hunts other light infantry that do not have them and elephants.
In difficult terrain, the medium infantry will have a hard time dislodging it if it does not have the impact ability. Its use for shooting is more difficult to manage because it shoots at 1 UD.

The weak point of the LI is that it cannot stand up to many people on clear ground. If used for support, in the event that the fighting is lost, she finds herself in danger of being eliminated by contact and cut dodges.

The light cavalry:

Equipped with a 2 UD shooting weapon, she harasses with the CV bow or crossbow, cuts dodges, infiltrates holes to threaten unfortified camps.

The light javelin cavalry has much the same role as the light infantry, except to go after the elephants. In numbers, it can worry the average naked cavalry if the shots lose cohesion.

The Light Impact Cavalry is a troop I don't use. It is devoid of fire, but does not suffer from restrictions in contact with other light cavalry. It dominates the other LH including javelin which it cancels the +1. Let those who find it an interest expose it, they will talk about it better than I do.

The light cavalry modifies the initiative bonus. [B] [i] You must always take at least 2, if the list allows it. [/ I] [/ b] Beyond 6 LH I don't see any 'interest. Even though V3 allows rear support for the LH, I don't think the newbie has an interest in building big packs by having a good dozen LHs, he won't be able to break an army with that.

The problem with the lightweight is that you tend to lose them too easily. A good player seeks to bite these points easily, they are often the cause of rupture when one dominates with his strong troops. Keep in mind that this costs 2 points for the army demo, don't overlook anything.

Do not forget, that the LI and LH which take flank or back of other troops, do not make them lose points of cohesion, puts allows to bring a support of +1, but cancel the abilities impact, javelin, A2M, support, and even the percussive charge if I'm not mistaken (if?!)

Also, keep in mind that the LIs can be crossed in any direction and the LHs by climbs in the same direction.

How much light for an army?
First, we are limited by the minimums, that's for sure. But when the list allows it, you need a minimum of 6 light per army, LI or LH. If it is impossible to ambush in the flanks, to avoid overflows, here is a provision that gives you a little time to see things coming.
4 UD + 2LH + 8UD + 2LI + 8UD + 2LH + 4UD = 30 UD. You still cover 4 DUs and you won't be immediately overwhelmed.

The more light we take to occupy difficult terrain, the smaller the front line likely to fight. On average, a quarter to a third of the army's troops who are light weight seems to be a good compromise. Some armies offer very little, like the Burgundians Ordinance, which have 4 LI / LH. This is really a minimum, and you need at least 1 per body.

How to distribute them?
Well, never more than 4 per body in my opinion. This is the maximum for an ambush. I prefer to distribute them in the bodies evenly.
The only exception is when I have elephants in the army and generals included. I distributed an LI by elephants and generals included pedestrians or Kn., Then I distributed my LI / LH which are not used for protection, but for pulling.

Reminder: Some mistakes not to make for beginners: see Tips for a beginner: the Cv arc impact.

LI / LH javelins facing heavy or mounted infantry. Here 4 easily lost demo points.

Same.

Come get me ! Suppose it's medium impact infantry attacking in this wooded hill. The LI do not have the javelin because the means have impact. They have the +1 height bonus. The means have an impact +1, +1 against LI, - 1 because they are in difficult terrain. It's +1 everywhere in the first round.
If the means are not impact, the LI are at +1 height, +1 javelin or +2. The means are +1 against LI and -1 in difficult terrain, so 0. As Gandalf said: “You will not pass! ".
Not bad for a troop worth 4 points !. Be careful if you engage in combats like this, your troops will fail you elsewhere, do not mobilize in combat with + 1 / + 1 troops twice as expensive as those you are attacking.

Light troops are important troops that should never be overlooked in your army compositions, nor on the battlefield.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: