Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Translation of "Conseils ...: Composition d'armée"
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
MarkC
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 23, 2020 8:52 pm    Sujet du message: Translation of "Conseils ...: Composition d'armée" Répondre en citant
Atilla has written a post "Conseils pour Débutant: Composition d'armée" in the Tactiques section of the forum. http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4713

For my convenience, and the convenience of other players that only speak English, I have put it through Google translate and posted the results here.

Attila a écrit:
I continue this section in all modesty. I'm going to lay out some simple, basic principles that are obvious to someone with a bit of a bottle, but for someone new to playing with pads and historic 15mm, this will form a basis (I'm thinking defector of other rules fantastic which looks to the historical) I would like to point out that the photos of some of my badly painted figurines are only there to support a speech and to help memorize those who have photographic memory.

Making a roster ... I spend more time budgeting an army than playing. Which army to play?
The 1st army that you are going to play, choose there because it makes you happy, we call it his army of hearts. You will choose it for various reasons, beauty of the figures, history of the army, search for a competitive army for tournaments ...

Let's start by budgeting the 200 points. Then we will have to divide the troops into army corps. You will have to define roles for your corps according to the capabilities of the troops. Let's try to define these bodies

- the "soap" body: this is the body supposed to hold a wing or to bypass enemy troops. Sometimes made up entirely of LH, or dodging Cv and LH, this is a weak body whose heavy mounted troops chase down to the edge of the table. When I started out, I often composed a body of soap, we hope that it will get around the opposite, or that it will have enough time to move the opponent around. Now I play it differently. For a beginner, it is a classic composition, easy to maneuver. However, I noticed that experienced players made them a target and had the means to counter these bodies. Up to you…

Medium CVs and LH javelins in my Carthaginian army

- the medium infantry corps: Either you occupy the land, or you leave them to the opponent and you control them from a distance with light dodging. Sometimes weak against heavy and heavy climbs (Kn Cataphracts, Cv heavy impact), we can also accompany them with heavy climbs.
Elephants can add punch to such a body. A classic combination is to pair elephants and brash medium infantry to gain the grounds

Here Gallic people supported by elephants.

- The heavy infantry corps. Your best troops on foot are there, often in the center of the system. If one of your wings collapses the enemy will threaten the flanks. On the wing, it sometimes ends up in the wind, and dodging riders amuse them. Sometimes you can lean on a seashore to avoid bypassing. Placing a body of rash heavy pedestrians sticking to the sea may be a possible solution. I have a principle, I never place a rushing body of heavy pedestrians to make a refused wing.

Federates in a Roman patrician army, with a heavy rider and LI as a screen

- the shock body: commonly called the “beating†body, in short the big oxen. They are your best troops. Whether pedestrians or climbs, you will play your part on it. Usually with a big body that bangs you have two other bodies of medium to low quality. Your strength can become your weakness, if this brute corps fails to hit its target or is barely, your other two corps will be a target to demo your army.

Here my elite impact heavy tank corps with 2 LI javelin and one LH

- the "mixed" corps: I am not talking about the corps comprising mixed troops, but a complex corps with several varieties of troops each having a specific role. They are sometimes also allied corps in which certain troops interest you, and whose minimums require you to have heterogeneous troops. Some players have complicated bodies to play with, but they have 2 or 3 versatile bodies that deal with multiple situations. Some concentrate in 2 corps for example their best troops. For example, include 3 phalanges in 2 bodies and a few means, all supported by 1 elephant or a few heavy rises. The player faces any type of terrain and the opponent in front of him. Command of a strategist or brilliant is highly recommended

Here are elite armored heavy spearmen supported by means and an elephant. LH and Cv to cut the dodges and exploit the breaches. A LI javelin to protect the elephant and slingshots to pull through it all. The general is brilliant or strategist. (Marius)

Here in a patrician Roman army is a corps of impetuous heavy cavalry supported by medium impact infantry. Originally there were 4, now I try 3 medium and 2 archers in support to shoot climbs. The LH is there to cut the dodges, the LI javelins to counter the elephant or to shoot in the fields. They are commanded by Aetius the strategist, or at least a brilliant.

- the body of mounted shooters, of "harassment": painful for many inexperienced players, beware of their roles is not always to plant yourself under your nose to shoot you. When you compose an army you must ask yourself how to counter this threat. If you are playing this body type you must recognize the tricky situation tense by your opponent. (see topic on Cv arc impact)

How many units make up an army?

On average 24 units +/- 1 or 2 units. Armies between 26 and 30 are said to be "numerous", and you will have excess numbers at the expense of quality. Armies of 20 units +/- 1 to 2 are "reduced" armies. They are often mounted and / or elite armies. The risk of being overwhelmed is high.
Beyond 30, often between 34 and 36, we talk about "blob" armies, they are armies made up of mediocre troops who overwhelm the number and suffer enormous losses. We rarely face this type of players, but you will still sometimes meet them in tournaments (me for example… !!)

Value of generals:

Ordinary and Competent generals:
Ordinary generals will get 1 to 3 CP (average of 2) for your body. In other words, it is better to keep it simple with the composition of this body. What you intend to do with this body must be able to be done with a simple PC and possibly the general's PC. So avoid mixed bodies or impetuous compounds. If you have little choice, go for a body of rushing heavy pedestrians, never a body of rushing climbs.
To use my examples above, a body of heavy pedestrians or soap is well suited to this kind of command. The biggest problem is its command range (4 UD), so stick together.

The competent general is well suited to a mounted corps. Unless you score 1 on the command point allocation, this is also perfect for a reserve corps or medium infantry. This is the minimum to play in a mixed body, as long as you are careful and don't spread yourself too thin.

These inexpensive Generals can sometimes be included more easily. In this case, they order a line that "hits" hard with 1 or 2 light and nothing else. For example 4 elite impact heavy tanks with 1 LI to put in front of the general included and an LH, as above.

Brilliant generals and strategist.
The V3 has trimmed the cost of generals and it's getting interesting to take those high-ranking generals.
With an average of 3 CP for the Brilliant and 3.5 for the Strategist, the assurance of having at least 2 CP and always being able to hold back a heady group that has a general attached, you can do whatever you want. These generals increase your initiative, that's all good. The V3 gives pride of place to strategists who for 10 points, allow you to have +3 to determine CP, +1 in initiative, to control one more terrain, as well as an additional ambush.
Some players like to have a lot of leadership, others do without. I have armies with 0 command. Less than V2, I agree, but they are formidable and perfectly balanced in my opinion.
These generals are essential for mixed corps, corps including impetuous (especially mounted). Useless for soap and reserve corps, unless your strategy was to boost the command of all generals in order to gain initiative.

When you are a beginner, it is better to have a good command.

General strategy:

A basic concept for beginners, your army you made it up, now you have to apply it to a general strategy. If you're used to wargaming, skip it and move on to the next points.

Strategy "Roman": Army composed of heavy infantry, the Romans until the disaster of Cannes had the tactic of breaking through the center with their heavy infantry. Your wings are weak and hope to hold back the overflow until the breakthrough in the center. Your shock corps is made up of heavy infantry.

"Alexander the Great" Strategy: Usually bet with shock mounted troops on one wing, pivot with a heavy infantry center, and have a refused flank. The goal is to push in the opposing wing to fall back on the center. We push on a clear wing, shouting taïaut.
For example, elite heavy impact CVs on the wing, the central phalanx and a body that makes the wing refused. This is the most popular, the most easily achievable strategy.

"Hannibal" Strategy: This is the most complicated strategy to achieve. It consists in wrapping the two wings like Hannibal in Cannes. Difficult to achieve in AdG, but possible with mounted armies or with "blob" armies. This is a theoretical response to the Roman Strategy.

"Steppe peoples" strategy: Almost fully mounted armies of Cv or LH arc, wielding fire and dodge. Tactics of harassing and stretching opposing troops.
[b] [i] I advise to always take a fortified camp if possible for a fully mounted army. [/ i] [/ b] Maneuvers often caused me to lose my camp, even if I took that of the opponent.

The choice of land:

Impossible to compose an army without having studied the possibilities of evolution of the troops in the fields. You look at your compulsory troops, then your lands, finally your available miniatures and you compose. The versatility of some armies will allow you to do what you want, sometimes you will have to deal with the specialized side of your troops (Mongols and the steppe, Touareg and the desert). Your field catalog must be adapted to your troops, size, number etc ...

What to expect ?

Each army has its nemesis, of course, either you compose a specialized army (fully assembled army, of pedestrians), or a polyvalent army. Prepare retaliations: what can I put in my body to counter elephants, mounted archers, which my body fears when it hits ...
For example, taking a brash medium 4 Kn body all by itself is a design error in my opinion. You have to complete with 2 LI javelin, to counter elephants and 1 LH to cut the dodges of mounted archers. Similarly, 6 heavy spearmen with an ordinary general are worthless without a few LIs to shield them.

Many players ask for help on the forum to compose. At first, I offered lists, in order to guide them. I found over time that when I put together a roster for a player and lent him my miniatures, he often tended not to use it in the spirit in which it was made. It is obvious that the person does not understand it in the same way, clearly each in his style.
For beginners who need help, then take the list as is and just try it if you had no idea, otherwise analyze it, keep the plot and adapt it to your playing style.

Suppose that after an introductory 100 point game, a beginner wants to play their second 200 point game. Attracted by the Carthaginians because he admires Hannibal Barca, he asks me to lend him my Carthaginians to go into battle for the first time. So I put together a classic army for a beginner.

Here is the army I lend him:

Carthaginian 221-217 BC

Body I:
Hannibal, strategist general, 2 mediocre elephants, 4 Gallic impetuous medium infantry, 1 Gallic medium cavalry, 1 Numidian light cavalry, 4 Libyan light infantry javelin

I explain to him: It is a medium body supported by 2 elephants, it is intended to attack in fields or undergrowth, in open terrain the elephants will worry the climbs. Gauls can attack alone in plantations. You use medium cavalry to exploit or plug a hole in the battle line, they cut dodges, like your LH by the way. LI javelins protect elephants or occupy difficult terrain. The strategist makes it easy to control the impetuous, and you will have enough points to command all these different troops.

Body II:
Competent general, 1 medium Punic cavalry, 6 heavy spearmen, 2 elite sling light infantry.

This is your heavy infantry corps, better put it in the middle.

Body III:
Competent general, 4 Spanish medium cavalry, 1 Numidian light javelin cavalry, 2 javelin light infantry.

This is the soap body, intended to hold a wing, with a little LI to occupy a ground.

With a good initiative of 4 and a demoralization threshold of 28, she can take losses. It is part of the so-called large armies, so it lacks a bit of hard-hitting troops.
This army is easy to use for a beginner, ideal for learning to use lots of different troops to learn how to be fierce, however it is not a tournament beast, but it will make you have a good evening.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: