Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
BHGS Challenge - UK, 4/5 June, @UK Games Expo
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 25, 2022 3:05 pm    Sujet du message: BHGS Challenge - UK, 4/5 June, @UK Games Expo Répondre en citant
Competition Rules : The BHGS will be staging two, 2-day ADLG Open Competitions in both 15mm and 25mm at UK Games Expo in 2022.

Both events will feature 225 point armies, and 2 versions of the same list can be submitted, with one being chosen each round after your opponents army is known. Lists can be from different dates or sub-lists.

Please notify the list checkers whether you wish to play in the 25mm event or the 15mm event when submitting your lists

The games will be played with standard sized “200 point†tables of 120cm x 80cm (15mm) or 6x4 (25mm), and all other rules as for standard 200 point games. Players must bring their own terrain pieces

List Deadline: 27th May, List Checker TBC

Saturday : Three Games, Sunday : Two Games

Games will be 2 hours 20 mins plus a 1-10 min(s) variable addition determined by the period umpire.

Saturday 0930-1200, 1300-1530, 1600-1630

Sunday 0930-1200, 1300-1530

This format allows players attending The Worlds to practice but without (quite) revealing their army composition to possible future opponents!

Entries will be via the UKGE website, players are required to buy a ticket to the expo and also a tournament ticket in order to participate
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 25, 2022 4:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Are all lists allowed?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 25, 2022 6:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Are all lists allowed?

More longbow?
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 25, 2022 6:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Are all lists allowed?

It is usually an open event. I presume you can take any list you like.

Jesse
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 25, 2022 7:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Are all lists allowed?

... 2-day ADLG Open Competitions ... Wink
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 25, 2022 8:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
lionelrus a écrit:
Are all lists allowed?

More longbow?

4 more.... Embarassed
babyshark
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 28, 2022 4:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
This format allows players attending The Worlds to practice but without (quite) revealing their army composition to possible future opponents!

The Worlds, Tim? I have heard rumors, and am super excited to read that the competition will happen, but I do not see an announcement. Or have I missed it?

Talk to me,

Marc
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 28, 2022 5:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So far it's £34 to get into the building.
No details on parking charges.
No details on competition entry charges.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 29, 2022 11:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:

The UKGE guys should put the event tickets up soon, they have a new back office to their website this year which has delayed things a little.

"The building" you get into will also contain one of the worlds 3 largest tabletop/board games expos and events when we are there, so you do get to be part of the biggest games convention in the UK along with 20,000+ other people and visit the UK version of "Gencon" or "Spiel" - although to be fair, whether you feel this opportunity is worth paying more for than the chance to playing in a corrugated shed on an industrial unit on the outskirts of [insert faceless town from central England] where your only entertainment between games is mooching round a shop whilst trying to resist the opportunity to buy half-hearted burgers lovingly cooked for you by an ex-GW shop assistant is of course down to personal choice. Wink

The Italian Wargames Federation have posted on the FB group yesterday that The Worlds will be in Rome on the weekend following CHallenge @ UKGE
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 29, 2022 1:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
although to be fair, whether you feel this opportunity is worth paying more for than the chance to playing in a corrugated shed on an industrial unit on the outskirts of [insert faceless town from central England]

Ironically, the NEC is a corrugated shed on the outskirts of Birmingham Smile
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 29, 2022 4:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
babyshark a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:

The Worlds, Tim? I have heard rumors, and am super excited to read that the competition will happen, but I do not see an announcement. Or have I missed it?

Talk to me,

Marc

https://www.fiw.it/iwc22/?fbclid=IwAR3Z1aYVRWsNs8dDqZCUiwEXOG8szlgnt9a_Uh8IDf7UZLDEDas5B6uDEN8
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 30, 2022 9:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Longtooth a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:
although to be fair, whether you feel this opportunity is worth paying more for than the chance to playing in a corrugated shed on an industrial unit on the outskirts of [insert faceless town from central England]

Ironically, the NEC is a corrugated shed on the outskirts of Birmingham Smile

Technicalities dear boy...
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 16, 2022 1:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:

Competition tickets on sale now at £16.

May have to go to avoid endless media drivel over royal weekend.
Train has got to be cheaper than car park.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 16, 2022 1:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks, Dickstick,

Does that mean that entry will cost £34 + £16 = £50?

Jesse
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Fév 16, 2022 1:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes
That is how games expo works.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Tournaments and Events
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: