Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Add Support in Army Lists
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
redcoat
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 28, 2022 7:05 pm    Sujet du message: Add Support in Army Lists Répondre en citant
Hello everyone,

I'm going through the v4 rules and completely new to the game.

In many of the army lists there is an option to add support to some units.

What does that mean in real-world terms and how is it represented on a base of figures? In other words, how would I recognise that a unit has paid the +1 points to add support to the unit?

I understand from the rules that support is used as a modifier for melee but I thought it referred to other units in adjacent contact adding their attacks to the combat. I don't know how that would work if a unit had support "built in" from the army list.

Thank you!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 28, 2022 7:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
redcoat a écrit:
Hello everyone,

I'm going through the v4 rules and completely new to the game.

In many of the army lists there is an option to add support to some units.

What does that mean in real-world terms and how is it represented on a base of figures? In other words, how would I recognise that a unit has paid the +1 points to add support to the unit?

I understand from the rules that support is used as a modifier for melee but I thought it referred to other units in adjacent contact adding their attacks to the combat. I don't know how that would work if a unit had support "built in" from the army list.

Thank you!

In the lists the reference to "add support" refers to "Missile Support", which is defined on p20.

Basing for Missile Support is covered on p8, although in normal gameplay the current practice is that anything that makes it clear that the unit has Missile Support is considered acceptable, whether thats a "LF" base, a special base or marker, with additional figures or the inclusion missile troops in the rear rank of a standard unit
redcoat
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 28, 2022 7:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok thanks for clarifying that.

So I suppose as long as some of the figures are armed with bow or something appropriate that would indicate missile support?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 29, 2022 12:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
redcoat a écrit:
Ok thanks for clarifying that.

So I suppose as long as some of the figures are armed with bow or something appropriate that would indicate missile support?

Yes.

A lot of us have left over LI from previous rules. But that can get cluttered. Someone on FB posted their options. After seeing others, I am using a half depth HI base with a single archer on it. It looks good, but is obviously not a unit. So in 15mm it is 15x40mm base and in 25/28mm it is 20x60mm base.
Dazedmw
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 30, 2022 4:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
A lot of us have left over LI from previous rules. But that can get cluttered. Someone on FB posted their options. After seeing others, I am using a half depth HI base with a single archer on it. It looks good, but is obviously not a unit. So in 15mm it is 15x40mm base and in 25/28mm it is 20x60mm base.

This is exactly what I'm doing in 15mm. Works well I think.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: