Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Ghaznavid tweaking
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 1:04 pm    Sujet du message: Ghaznavid tweaking Répondre en citant
I have a Ghaznavid list with 23 bases currently one of Ghulam's bases is elite, with a total of 199 points. I was thinking about dropping the Light infantry incendiary and upgrading the remaining three Ghulams to elite. Is it worth reducing the army size to 22 bases to possibly get better performance out of four elite Ghulams?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 23, 2022 2:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It is a very marginal call.

Do you find you lose a lot of LI? Then 1 more LI is bulking into losing more units.
IF you rarely lose LI then i would stick with 23.

I find 22 a good size. A lot of your foes will be at 24, but i think weaker units for 24 is not necessarily wise.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 3:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks.
I am new to the Ghaznavids so I am not sure what the casualty rate amongst the LF will be, normally it is not high but with the Ghaznavids, I plan to use them as ablative shields to protect the armoured elephants from shooting.
The other option is to downgrade the competent general to ordinary and just upgrade two of the Ghulams. The competent general's job is just to drive two elephant death stars into the enemy line, he is included with one of the armoured elephants.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 11:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
Thanks.
I am new to the Ghaznavids so I am not sure what the casualty rate amongst the LF will be, normally it is not high but with the Ghaznavids, I plan to use them as ablative shields to protect the armoured elephants from shooting.
The other option is to downgrade the competent general to ordinary and just upgrade two of the Ghulams. The competent general's job is just to drive two elephant death stars into the enemy line, he is included with one of the armoured elephants.

Given that role, and as he is included, I would drop him to ordinary. Nb does he have impetuous foot with him? Also it is a shame to put a general with a unit that cannot rally off hits, although an elephant included general is very powerful of course.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 10:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes, his command has two bases of impetuous foot.
I take your point about not being able to rally, I guess I could drop the elephant armour and then make the general non-included. Both the sub generals are included because the CinC is a strategist. With the Samurai I found I needed a strategist to control the terrain. Does a Ghaznavid army really need the CinC to be a strategist?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2022 11:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The Ghaznavid wants the strategist as much to get the initiative to pick the point of attack. Terrain is less critical for them.
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 27, 2022 11:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
Thanks.

Ordinary included in an armoured ele death star I like. Make him unreliable as well. Get yourself 2 extra elites elsewhere.

But with a second death star I do not like. You just won’t be able to manouvre, like moving short, or e.g. if the battle fragments. And this will be blindingly obvious to your enemy. Can you move the other ele to another command..
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 27, 2022 2:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Unreliable for the Ghaznavids is like shoving a ruler up your nose to the 10" mark. It is contraindicated. You role a "1" and you lose your ability to pick the point of attack and are potentially wrong footed the entire game even if you come online on turn 2. Just courts catastrophe. Some armies not so much. Here it is a grave risk.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: