Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Unreliable corps; revealing an ambush
Page 5 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 27, 2023 5:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Commodore just says what i said months ago....

Agreed, and the difference is that he is saying that it is an official ruling, rather than trying to argue that it is clear in the rules as written.
We all accept that it is impossible to consider every situation when writing rules, even without translating into multiple languages, and an excellent job has been done which is why so many of us play ADLG. “Rules lawyering†and bitter arguments with micro analysis of the text is so old school. Consideration of the game impact and authors intention is much more constructive, hopefully followed by an official ruling in an FAQ or errata, to make it widely available and “stickyâ€
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
navigator
Archer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 27, 2023 9:42 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for the clarification.. faq/amendment is needed for all these 'new English rules' that contradict what's written in the rule book. (the evade rule also appears to have been changed this week too on the face book in direct contradiction to what is written in English)

I can't wait to tell my next opponent who reveals his ambush on bound one when i'm attacking ... that 'Trust me you can't do that'.. look on page 4, 5th response down the page, of the adlg forum ambush question it is quite clear that it's not allowed!

If he is foreign i will simply shout at him in English so he can understand me better.

I can then threaten him with Dan H coming over to wave wrg bk4 at him and say 'grow up'

All the above is tongue in cheek generally!
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 27, 2023 12:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I would like to see a new section on this forum. All rulings by the DT, and nothing else, should be listed on this new section. The addition can be made at the same time as the forum post announcing the DT ruling. It would make it far easier to locate rulings that might otherwise appear to contradict the written rules, be far more transparent to players not spending their lives scanning this forum,and lessen the need for more frequent FAQ/errata.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 27, 2023 3:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
I would like to see a new section on this forum. All rulings by the DT, and nothing else, should be listed on this new section.

I second this and would like to request it be an announcement only topic with a limited number of authors allowed to post. This will prevent pointless additional posts eroding the much needed focus on final DT rulings.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 04, 2023 1:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I will raise this point.
There are pluses and minuses but evolving toward a better solution is needed.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 04, 2023 3:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
I will raise this point.
There are pluses and minuses but evolving toward a better solution is needed.

I suggest only DT have write access, the rest of us just read.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 5 sur 5 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: