Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Armoured elephant protection
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 09, 2022 5:16 pm    Sujet du message: Armoured elephant protection Répondre en citant
Fairly minor point, but could do with adding to next FAQ/clarifications.

P17 Armour and heavy armour. The protection bonus for knights on foot and mounted units is already included in the unit characteristics table.
As elephants are mounted this implies they only get the protection value listed in the table on P22 - which is 0, with nothing extra if armoured. I assume this is an oversight and armoured elephants should have a protection of 1 (except vs crossbow/firearms/artillery). At least thats how I've always played it.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 10, 2022 5:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
protection for elephants is 0, 1 if armored.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 10, 2022 6:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:

I agree thats what it should be. But the rules don't actually state that - unless you can tell me where. As I point out in my initial post it can easily be read that protection is 0 for all elephants.

This is something that came up in a club game.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 10, 2022 8:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:

P17 Armour and heavy armour. The protection bonus for knights on foot and mounted units is already included in the unit characteristics table.

This has never been a satisfactory method of being helpful but we have to live with it.

P22 bottom note ie x in square brackets [x] lists those mounted it covers . A note that should be on the playsheet to forestall the newcomer questions about armour protection bonus or not particularly in shooting

Exceptions to the mounted list are those who purchase armour as an extra p81
Ie elephants and light chariots
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 10, 2022 8:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
lionelrus a écrit:

I agree thats what it should be. But the rules don't actually state that - unless you can tell me where. As I point out in my initial post it can easily be read that protection is 0 for all elephants.

This is something that came up in a club game.

It's a lawers club?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 10, 2022 10:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:

This has never been a satisfactory method of being helpful but we have to live with it.

There is a legacy reason in V1 and I think v2 that had HC having many different characteristics than they have now. Also how to cover knights,. But as you sorta say, we gots what we got.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 11, 2022 9:33 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
AlanCutner a écrit:

P22 bottom note ie x in square brackets [x] lists those mounted it covers . A note that should be on the playsheet to forestall the newcomer questions about armour protection bonus or not particularly in shooting

Exceptions to the mounted list are those who purchase armour as an extra p81
Ie elephants and light chariots

Thanks, that answers the query.

Its often forgotten we get players without the experience with the rules that others of us have. Its reasonable for those people to question when rules interpretations appear to be contradictary to what they read in the rules. I can't be the only reasonably experienced club player who struggles at times to explain/justify to mystified clubmates.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Sep 11, 2022 9:42 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So true Alan.

Sometimes it's difficult to not look like one is making it up as we go along.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: