Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Sliding Interpenetration
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 12, 2022 12:16 am    Sujet du message: Sliding Interpenetration Répondre en citant
The rules on interpenetration often allow it “provided they are oriented in the same or opposite direction†(p 39, bullets 3-6)

LC - Mounted
Mounted - LC
LMI - LMI
Sw - Bw/XB/HG

(BTW, the 6th bullet allows Sw to pass through Bw/XB/HG but not vice versa. I hadn’t realized this was a one way trip! - ignore this part, I missed a phrase in the rules - edited)

The wording here allows you to slide through such units if you are facing the same direction. This can matter for lining up charges. (In normal moves it does not usually matter as much as you can usually slide at any point while charges require you to slide before any other movement.)

For example, consider 2 Cv and 2 LC side by side in one group of 4 units:

Cv1Cv2LC3LC4

They are all oriented in the same direction.

Cv1 and Cv2 want to charge but the LC do not. The Cv can slide right (edited) one UD (so Cv1 is now where Cv2 was and Cv2 is where LC3 is) and then charge. After the Cv begin their advance this will look like:

- - Cv1Cv2
- - - - -LC3LC4

I write this because it surprised my opponent at Hubcon even though it is exactly what the rules say. I’ve subsequently been told the French version might actually say something different.

How do you play this?

Thoughts?

Dernière édition par KevinD le Lun Sep 12, 2022 12:19 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 12, 2022 12:21 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:

(BTW, the 6th bullet allows Sw to pass through Bw/XB/HG but not vice versa. I hadn’t realized this was a one way trip!)

Read bullet 7 the words "AND VICE VERSA"`
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 12, 2022 12:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Dan!

I don’t know why I missed the parenthetical phrase there!

What do you think about the main point (sliding interpenetration)?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 13, 2022 11:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Thanks Dan!

I don’t know why I missed the parenthetical phrase there!

What do you think about the main point (sliding interpenetration)?

Personally I would be somewhat surprised if sideways Interpenetration was intended to be permitted. 

How about you? What is your guess ?
hcaille
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 13, 2022 2:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello

It is not permitted to slide on another friendly unit, except LI that can pass or be pass throught in any direction.

So a Cv cannot slide on another Cv or LH before a charge or for whatever movement.

Regards
Hervé
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 16, 2022 6:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
When does the forward movement for the slide take place, does there have to be 1UD between a unit and an obstacle for it slide and avoid obstacle?
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 16, 2022 10:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
When does the forward movement for the slide take place, does there have to be 1UD between a unit and an obstacle for it slide and avoid obstacle?

The 1UD advance can be before or after the slide. So a unit can slide to avoid an obstacle immediately in front, then advance 1UD past that obstacle.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 16, 2022 2:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
Black Prince a écrit:

The 1UD advance can be before or after the slide. So a unit can slide to avoid an obstacle immediately in front, then advance 1UD past that obstacle.

This started with a question about sliding in a charge, so in that situation no as the slide must be at the start. Otherwise yes.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: