L'Art de la Guerre Index du Forum
  L'Art de la Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'art de la Guerre

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

BHGS Doubles, October 22/23
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Art de la Guerre Index du Forum -> Tournaments and Events
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 24, 2016 8:56 pm    Sujet du message: BHGS Doubles, October 22/23 Répondre en citant

The BHGS L'Art de la Guerre Doubles take place at Battlefield Hobbies in Daventry over the weekend of 22/23 October

Theme: The Lights Have Gone Out in the Rest of the World : Dark Ages lists 125-145, 148-150 & 153-171 inclusive (i.e. the Dark Ages excluding armies from the British Isles)

Booking will be open soon at Doubles - ADLG
Commodore
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 26, 2016 4:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I have a question, on the BHGS event page, it is not clear, the main army has to be chosen in the indicated list ( dark ages outside britain) but it seems that the second liste might be chosen in other period, if the date is the same as the main army, is it correct?
Example: main army, list 148 1340 AD might have a 100YW french army
is it correct or the second army must be chosen in the indicated list also?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Richard Young
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 15, 2016 8:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Commodore a écrit:
I have a question, on the BHGS event page, it is not clear, the main army has to be chosen in the indicated list ( dark ages outside britain) but it seems that the second liste might be chosen in other period, if the date is the same as the main army, is it correct?
Example: main army, list 148 1340 AD might have a 100YW french army
is it correct or the second army must be chosen in the indicated list also?

It looks like you can take an army outside those lists mentioned if they are specified as allies in the main list. I don't see where Feudal Spanish get 100YW French ally though unless I am mistaken...you could take them as the main army with a late 13th century Marinid Berber army though; and therefore include a total of 9 elite medium knights.

It does seem a bit odd that this should be allowed. Perhaps there should be a cut off end date. Something like 1100 AD?? What do others think?
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 16, 2016 11:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The idea was a Dark Ages competition that trimmed out some of the wall of spear stuff from the British Isles and hopefully encouraged more Eastern types as a result.

If it needs tweaking because I've missed a way of keeping unbalanced armies out, let me know and I'll change the entry conditions

Smile
daveallen
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 16, 2016 2:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gordon might kill me for this, but I think you need to set a terminal date or exclude knights. Otherwise you might find too many Leidang armies paired with Feudal German with Feudal German and Communal Italian allies respectively.

Not sure "wall of spear" armies would be that much of a problem for eastern armies. Many have enough Horse Archers to wear them down, or 2HW to chop them up. But that's not as much of a problem as massed Knights riding everything down...
footslogger
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 16, 2016 8:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

daveallen a écrit:
Gordon might kill me for this, but I think you need to set a terminal date or exclude knights. Otherwise you might find too many Leidang armies paired with Feudal German with Feudal German and Communal Italian allies respectively.

Not sure "wall of spear" armies would be that much of a problem for eastern armies. Many have enough Horse Archers to wear them down, or 2HW to chop them up. But that's not as much of a problem as massed Knights riding everything down...

I have no horse in this race, so keep that in mind Smile

Do people really think knights are out of whack in this rules set and need to be excluded?
Dickstick
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 16, 2016 9:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Why the need to have a 400 point game with six generals instead or four?
Or put another way one set of command points spread over four generals replaced
With two sets of command points spread over six generals.
Ie ave four plus one generals to six plus 1.5 generals.
Dickstick
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Aoû 16, 2016 9:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Another question. Or two ish
Is this 15mm?
What table size? 6' by 4'

Can two the same army be used?
Or must there be allied lists.
daveallen
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 6:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

footslogger a écrit:
Do people really think knights are out of whack in this rules set and need to be excluded?

It's not that knights are a super troop, they just aren't appropriate to a Dark Ages theme. Few Dark Age armies have the tools to deal with massed Knights, in the same way that few Biblical armies could cope with Legions or Pike.

So it's more about maintaining a balanced theme than lack of balance in the rules.
daveallen
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 6:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dickstick a écrit:
Another question. Or two ish
Is this 15mm?
What table size? 6' by 4'

Can two the same army be used?
Or must there be allied lists.

Yes.
Yes, well 180cm x 120cm
No, although each army could include an ally from its ally.

And to answer your other question, it's as per the optional rules at the back. The doubles format works well as a 3.5hr game. Try it.

Dave
footslogger
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 2:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

daveallen a écrit:
footslogger a écrit:

It's not that knights are a super troop, they just aren't appropriate to a Dark Ages theme. Few Dark Age armies have the tools to deal with massed Knights, in the same way that few Biblical armies could cope with Legions or Pike.

So it's more about maintaining a balanced theme than lack of balance in the rules.

Ah, ok. I see the "trick" with allies now looking at your list of allowed armies.
viracochas
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 3:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The tournament was added to the Events part :
http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/en/manifestations.php
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 6:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

daveallen a écrit:

OK, whats the date I need to add then?
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 6:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Dickstick a écrit:
Why the need to have a 400 point game with six generals instead or four?
Or put another way one set of command points spread over four generals replaced
With two sets of command points spread over six generals.
Ie ave four plus one generals to six plus 1.5 generals.

Initially it was to make it simple, as it is just two 200 point armies.

Doing it like this also means you can have "different" composition of the lists compared to a 400 point game, so "doubles" is something different to "big singles".

Having more command points and commanders also means each player has more to do in the game. If it was 400 points each player would only have 2 generals to play with, and it might be a slower game as a result.

We've liked it each time we've played it.
Davros
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 17, 2016 8:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

madaxeman a écrit:
daveallen a écrit:
I think you need to set a terminal date or exclude knights. Otherwise you might find too many Leidang armies paired with Feudal German with Feudal German and Communal Italian allies respectively..

OK, whats the date I need to add then?

I would exclude any list or troops within a list that is only available after 1100CE.

I think that large numbers of knights (especially if many of them were elite) would be unbalancing, so I suggest that a team could have a maximum of four knights between its two armies. Some of the early feudal armies would still be legal with four knights, but maybe not that attractive.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Art de la Guerre Index du Forum -> Tournaments and Events Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers: