L'Art de la Guerre Index du Forum
  L'Art de la Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'art de la Guerre

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

2017 BHGS Challenge @ UKGE
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Art de la Guerre Index du Forum -> Tournaments and Events
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 22, 2016 11:24 pm    Sujet du message: 2017 BHGS Challenge @ UKGE Répondre en citant

Competition entries for the 2017 BHGS Challenge @ UK Games Expo at the NEC, Birmingham on the weekend of 3/4 June are now open for bookings on the UKGE website!

This year we will have the following events on offer:

15mm Field of Glory Ancients
15mm Field of Glory Renaissance
15mm DBMM
6mm DBMM on 25mm basing
15mm L'Art de la Guerre
25mm L'Art de la Guerre
15mm Mortem et Gloriam
6mm Blucher (offered as two one-day events)
Bolt Action (offered as two one-day events)
Epic Armageddon

To book in you need to first register on the UKGE website and then navigate to the "Miniatures Events" page on the "Events" menu to select your competition. By booking a ticket "day 1" you will also be entered for day 2 !

ll Competitions are priced at £16 for 2-day events, and £8 for 1-day events but you will also need to buy a UKGE pass for the days you are planning on attending as well. These are £22 for two days, with other options (3 days, family entry etc) also available for those of you who want to take part in some of the other UKGE events.

Ticketing is being handled by the UKGE team, and so if you have a query about ticketing please contact them via their Ticketing FAQ page , as we will be unable to help with any queries relating to tickets

For details on each period see the UKGE website or the BHGS Challenge pages on the BHGS site

The BHGS Challenge is one of the UK's longest-running multi-ruleset competitions, with the first edition having taken place back in 2002. Each year up to 200 gamers regularly take part, playing rulesets covering all eras of historical gaming.

The BHGS was set up in the 1990's to promote historical tabletop wargaming. Our main role is to organise a number of multi-ruleset wargaming tournaments across the UK each year, including now The BHGS Challenge@UKGE.

This colocation with UKGE is a great opportunity to promote and grow the hobby of histocial gaming by exposing it to thousands of other gamers at the UK's biggest and busiest gaming event. All types of gaming are growing rapidly in popularity, and so to have the opportunity to be part of an event with thousands of other gamers gives us all a wonderful platform to promote historical gaming to the widest possible audience

​Richard Denning of UKGE commented – “We at Expo aim to promote tabletop gaming in all its forms. Historical Wargaming is one of the ancestors of all forms of tabletop gaming having led the way thanks to pioneers like HG Wells in the early 20th century and giants like Donald Featherstone in the 1960’s and 70s. Fantasy and SciFi wargaming, roleplaying and many forms of board games owe their very existence to the earlier historical gamers. As such it is great to add in these tournaments to those on offer.”
Janos Hunyadi
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 15, 2017 11:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Can the £22 UKGE pass be bought on the day ?.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 15, 2017 11:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Janos Hunyadi a écrit:

I guess so, but you'll then be in a lengthy queue with however many non-gamers turn up on the day to buy on-the-day tickets to the expo making you at rick of missing your first game, and you'll have to buy it anyway to get in, so I'm not quite sure why you'd want to do it that way...?
Janos Hunyadi
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 22, 2017 10:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

madaxeman a écrit:
Janos Hunyadi a écrit:

I guess so, but you'll then be in a lengthy queue with however many non-gamers turn up on the day to buy on-the-day tickets to the expo making you at rick of missing your first game, and you'll have to buy it anyway to get in, so I'm not quite sure why you'd want to do it that way...?

I am a full time carer, and getting respite breaks is nigh on impossible for specific dates in advance. I will know maybe a week or two in advance if I can make it. Blowing £16 is not too bad, but I cannot afford to just throw money away.
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Jan 22, 2017 11:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Janos Hunyadi a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:
Janos Hunyadi a écrit:

I am a full time carer, and getting respite breaks is nigh on impossible for specific dates in advance. I will know maybe a week or two in advance if I can make it. Blowing £16 is not too bad, but I cannot afford to just throw money away.

We effectively have unlimited space for the event, so I'd suggest just booking the whole thing as late as you can in that case - we won't sell out
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 03, 2017 4:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

In just three months time the NEC Birmingham will be full of workers setting up for 2017's biggest gaming event - UK Games Expo, including for the very first time The BHGS Challenge!

Each and every BHGS Challenge entrant this year will have the opportunity to take part not only in their chosen competition, but also dive into in a veritable festival of gaming with every part of the hobby represented under one roof:

Alongside the Challenge at UKGE will be Card Games, Boardgames, Role-playing Games and Family Games along with a massive 100+ exhibitor trade show, participation and demo games, star guests, authors and artists, seminars and talks as well as plenty of space and facilities for 24-hour gaming onsite at the NEC!

It's going to be the biggest ever event for the UK gaming community - make sure you are a part of it by playing at this year's BHGS Challenge at UK Games Expo!
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 11, 2017 3:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

15mmm Theme Details

Figure Scale : 15mm.
Lists: 300 points maximum, rules as per p76 (up to 4 commanders, total command value allowed per army does not change at 300 points, all other list-based maxima/minima are increased by 50%)
Theme : Classical & Roman Europe & North Africa: Lists 38-77 & 82-115
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 11, 2017 3:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

25mm Theme Details

Figure Scale : 25mm/28mm (60mm base widths)
Lists: 200 points maximum, Feudal & Medieval, lists 172-266
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 12, 2017 8:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

We're currently on 10 (15mm) and 4 (25mm), so almost beating last year's total of 18 already!

Roll out those 25mm Perry Medievals everyone... !
viracochas
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The tournament was added to the Events part :
http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/en/manifestations.php
madaxeman
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Players so far (25mm and 15mm):

Craig Barr
Andy Gilbert
David Saunders
Richard Young
Darrell Pearce
Peter Webb
hubert BRETAGNE
David Allen
Tim Porter
Ian Mackay
Keith Martin-Smith
Simon LeRay-Meyer
Neil Powell
Mark Dudman
Phil Baxter
hcaille
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 10, 2017 8:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hello

I will be with you for my first tournament in UK !

Regards
Hervé Caille
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Richard Young
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 10, 2017 1:37 pm    Sujet du message: Charged twice for my ticket! Répondre en citant

I bought one ticket for ADLG entry for a total of £38. However, after checking my bank statement, I see the organisers have taken the payment twice off my card i.e. £38 x 2.

I've gone to the UK Games Expo site, the FAQ and Contacts page. There are no telephone numbers or emails at all! Just a list of names which is absolutely bloody useless. I need to get a refund of £38. Any suggestions how I do this before I get even more pissed off Mad

Richard
kevinj
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 10, 2017 3:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Richard, if you follow the link to their Facebook pageyou can Message them from there.
Richard Young
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 10, 2017 5:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

kevinj a écrit:
Richard, if you follow the link to their Facebook pageyou can Message them from there.

Many thanks Kevin. Will do
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Art de la Guerre Index du Forum -> Tournaments and Events Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
Page 1 sur 4

Sauter vers: