Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
239 Medieval Spanish
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 07, 2021 9:15 am    Sujet du message: 239 Medieval Spanish Répondre en citant
Brilliant I see free company allies can have English MI swordsmen longbow from 1415.

BUT who gets to pick them?
Aragon go french
Castilian go french or Navarrese
United Spain go Italian
Portuguese go English until 1389.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 07, 2021 4:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No one.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 07, 2021 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Bullseye 🎯 let's see what you would have won
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 11:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
What is the answer to this?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 12:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
What is the answer to this?

Sounds like there is an option for some troops to be regraded in an allied contingent in the same way and in the same dateline that they are regraded in their "main" list... however the dates permitted for the ally contingent are outside that dateline, so that regrade option is purely theoretical and in reality doesn't ever come ito effect.

I guess in 1416 the whole Free Company contingent still existed... but instead of fighting they should be all modelled as if they were sat at home, practicing their swordsmanship and waiting for the phone to ring and a "+34 " number to show up on caller ID ?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 9:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I am not entirely sure I understand the question, but if you are asking which lists can use the Free Company as an ally, the #235 Condottieri and #264 Medieval Cyprus can both use them.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 10:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Look at the subject title please.
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 10:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ok, if you are only looking at #239 Medieval Spanish, the introduction says
Citation:
In 1340 Granada was the only Muslim state remaining in Spain. The rest of the peninsula was divided into the Kingdoms of Aragon, Castile and Portugal.

So it seems that the Muslim state of Granada could use the Free Company allies, no ??
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 11:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Big no.

Think you will find Muslim state of Grenada is list 230
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 08, 2021 11:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
I am not entirely sure I understand the question, but if you are asking which lists can use the Free Company as an ally, the #235 Condottieri and #264 Medieval Cyprus can both use them.

Med Spanish list has the same date-specific regrade option for English Longbow as all the other lists they also appear in, however you can’t actually field English Longbow in that dateline in the Spanish list 

It’s a little bit of redundant ink, that’s all. Not sure how many copies have been printed, but probably not enough to get the Green Party picketing Chez Hervé over the wastage ...

Good pub quiz question though! Laughing
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 09, 2021 1:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hmmm.
This seems to be a ‘list parsing’ question. And note the space for each list introduction is very limited, only permitting the briefest historical summary.

A brief glance in Wikipedia reveals that within the “crown of Castile†there were a number of kingdoms, Toledo, Cordoba, Leon etc. Similarly the ‘Crown of Aragon†ruled over several kingdoms like Naples, Sicily, Catalonia etc. Apparently the many kingdoms had a significant autonomy in their affairs, while there was also considerable political activity which resulted in several internal conflicts and rebellions eg Murcia and Galicia. There were also major conflicts between the “crownsâ€, with Portugal, Navarre and Grenada.  

The list allows players to model armies and conflicts involving the major “crowns†by using the relevant allies, or if they choose, players can take a group of mercenaries including some English longbow men after 1415, which possibly models one of these kingdoms within a “crownâ€, or some minor conflict / rebellion etc.

(At least that’s my theory and I’m sticking to it 😀 )
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 09, 2021 4:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good grief Ramses.
Parsing?
You have missed the plot.

The actual question in a roundabout way was:-

Should the Portuguese 1390 date be removed/modified or the post 1415 longbow option be removed as an impossible choice. ?

Hope that helps.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 09, 2021 9:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
Good grief Ramses.
Parsing?
You have missed the plot.

The actual question in a roundabout way was:-

Should the Portuguese 1390 date be removed/modified or the post 1415 longbow option be removed as an impossible choice. ?

Hope that helps.

I prefer the "makes a good pub quiz question" option of a little extraneous text Laughing
Brave Coeur
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 09, 2021 9:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
same problem on french version.
As far as there will not be any new updates, consider that the Med Inf Lng Bow can not be used in the portugal option.
Besr regards
Joao Especial
Gladiateur

MessagePosté le: Mer Mai 19, 2021 10:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
There were english allied contingents from 1360 to 1387. So i think outside of the "Heavy Longbowmen" option (Med Sword Longbow)

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: