Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Flank contact
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 04, 2018 5:49 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Flank contact Répondre en citant
[quote="lionelrus"][quote="Korik"]
lionelrus a écrit:
Korik a écrit:

And on option 2, I thought you couldn't charge a unit if you were already in contact?

It's not exactly that. ie, you may be in contact corner to corner and charge a unit on your front.

Mon Ami. Please see FAQ p 13 last bullet.
Citation:
In the movement phase of the player’s turn, to align with an opponent with which it is already in contact (for instance flank against flank, or corner against corner). This is detailed on p55 (Conforming after a melee). This conformation replaces the charge, which can’t take place because the units are already in contact.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Korik
Archer

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 04, 2018 9:14 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Flank contact Répondre en citant
[quote="lionelrus"][quote="Korik"]
lionelrus a écrit:
Korik a écrit:

And on option 2, I thought you couldn't charge a unit if you were already in contact?

It's not exactly that. ie, you may be in contact corner to corner and charge a unit on your front.

I'd read it the same way, I was meaning you cannot charge an enemy element with which you are already in contact, even if corner to corner; you can slide sideways and conform but that does not count as a charge in that it does not confer any charge bonus factors such as impact
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 13, 2018 1:40 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
To be fair to Lionelrus, I am sure he agrees with this interpretation, but I think he read the statement literally; that a unit could not charge once in contact. He was pointing out that a unit which is not engaged in melee (ie not in front edge contact), may charge a different enemy unit.

So for completeness, because conforming after a melee is optional (read p59 and the FAQ carefully), a unit which is in side-side or even corner-corner contact at the start of their movement phase may
  • conform with the unit it is in contact (per conforming after a melee), or
  • it may spend CP to charge a different enemy unit, or
  • it may decide to remain stationary and do nothing
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
LeadLeader15
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 04, 2021 12:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Another newbie question on a related topic if a unit can charge/contact a unit on the flank legally as per the rules - i.e. being in the correct sector etc. If the target unit is not in melee already does he fight the whole melee on his flank or does he turn and conform front to front at any point either after the first round of melee or once the melee finishes if he survives.

Also any answers given can you clarify if that is the same for v4 if you know.

Thank you and sorry for bumping up an old thread.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 04, 2021 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
LeadLeader15 a écrit:
Another newbie question on a related topic if a unit can charge/contact a unit on the flank legally as per the rules - i.e. being in the correct sector etc. If the target unit is not in melee already does he fight the whole melee on his flank or does he turn and conform front to front at any point either after the first round of melee or once the melee finishes if he survives.

Also any answers given can you clarify if that is the same for v4 if you know.

Thank you and sorry for bumping up an old thread.

The rules on Flank Contacts and Conformation cover this, in both versions.

Essentially you fight to your flank until you can conform. A unit hit on the flank conforms in its next movement phase
LeadLeader15
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 04, 2021 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thank you, I thought I read that somewhere, but couldn't find it in the heat of battle last night.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules questions V3
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: