Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Pursuit
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 11:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dave_r a écrit:
Ramses II a écrit:
Your reasoning is not correct, and the intention has not changed from V3.
To amplify what Tim and Dave have said, this is actually a problem that resulted from converting from V3 to V4. The definitions of "melee" in p60 were amended but their subsequent use in Pursuit p68
has remained unchanged.

So my reasoning is correct, but the rules need updating Smile

Your reasoning involved an assumption of a priority of pursuing based on the ordering of bullet points. This is an incorrect assumption.

So partly yes, and partly no. But El Kreator is on the case so we can all now sleep easy until we are told the answer. Very Happy
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 3:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
I think there’s an echo in here … 

There would have been if I'd said "That's not how we did it in the old days of v3 and my greater experience means I'm right"

Instead I showed how subtle changes in terminology were not reflected in the Pursuit rule and offered a solution.

But yeah, we both agree there's a mistake. Very Happy
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 7:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
désolé de répondre en français, mais Mike va traduire.
En V4 comme en V3, il est prévu que les unités qui combattent sur leur front peuvent poursuivre, en amenant éventuellement leurs supports. mais un point a échappé aux relectures:
La définition de l'unité en mêlée restreint ce statut à l'unité principale. Du coup, telle que la règle est actuellement écrite, il n'est pas possible pour une unité en soutien de mêlée de poursuivre.
El Kréator, contacté à ce sujet, va publier un errata. Le but est de permettre après destruction de l'ennemi de permettre la poursuite soit au combattant principal, soit à l'unité en soutien de mêlée.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 12, 2021 11:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Lionelrus!

@Miike - could you please convey in French that in any subsequent errata it would be helpful to address two issues:

1. The pursuit rights of units in melee support.

2. Are units in melee support “in melee†or in just “in support� i.e. if in melee then ALL rules that apply to units in melee also apply to units in melee support.

Many thanks.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 6:10 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
Thanks Lionelrus!

@Miike - could you please convey in French that in any subsequent errata it would be helpful to address two issues:

1. The pursuit rights of units in melee support.

2. Are units in melee support “in melee†or in just “in support� i.e. if in melee then ALL rules that apply to units in melee also apply to units in melee support.

Many thanks.

Ok, done, it is also on the french language section 2, and clearly an issue with translation and precise use of the words “in meleeâ€. Must say I think the guys have done a fantastic job with translating, it is an impossible job with the way so many of us read rules following years of barkerness (me included). Lots of people reading over the rules and hyper analysis every word and punctuation mark, amazing that there are not more issues, shows the work and skill of those involved, thanks guys.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 13, 2021 10:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:

Must say I think the guys have done a fantastic job with translating, it is an impossible job with the way so many of us read rules following years of barkerness (me included). Lots of people reading over the rules and hyper analysis every word and punctuation mark, amazing that there are not more issues, shows the work and skill of those involved, thanks guys.

Hi Mike,

Old habits are certainly a part of the problem, however, we need to be wary of dismissing the concerns of newcomers as "Barkerness." In some cases, such as this, they see things in the rules we old lags have missed because we're carrying old habits over from v3.

The last thing we want to do is alienate people because they're wondering what other carry overs they've not been told about.

By the way, there's another issue that's come out of these changes.

See: http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107702#107702
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 14, 2021 11:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:

Old habits are certainly a part of the problem, however, we need to be wary of dismissing the concerns of newcomers as "Barkerness." In some cases, such as this, they see things in the rules we old lags have missed because we're carrying old habits over from v3.

Very correct point. No one should object to a question. Nor clarifying the point. However elsewhere (not you) there are people who carry on the discussion a tad far.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 25, 2021 11:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Has this been resolved?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Aoû 25, 2021 12:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The discussion above gives the resolution, that a unit in melee support may also pursue, in the same way that V3 worked.  

However the errata sheet still needs to be updated. 
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Aoû 29, 2021 7:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Why not change the title of the original post by adding [Resolved] to help others - http://artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8822

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: