Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
ZOC and terrain
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 21, 2021 1:28 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:

If there's any shouting here it's coming from you not from the people who made a simple error in reading a rule and accepted their error as soon as it was pointed out.

Calling them an insane mob is gratuitously offensive, bullying and counter to the Game Etiquette described on page 10 which calls on players to be "courteous and respectful of their opponent".

You're right. I should have chosen my words, wiser. I got sucked into the vortex, and should not have used that strong language. I apologize. My error.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 21, 2021 7:13 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Fair play, we're all only human.

Dave
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 21, 2021 7:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Dickstick a écrit:
So how should an English errata be written do you think?

i don't know, my english is too poor to that. But if i translate literaly from french, i would said :
the french sentence is " une unité n'exerce pas de zdc dans ou à partir d'un terrain qui la pénalise au combat".
The subjet of the sentence is "une unité", and not "zdc". So, the circonstance to be in penalizing terrain is about the unit and not the about zoc. In our particular exemple, the french sentence would be " une unité n'exerce pas de zone de contrôle à partir d'un terrain qui la pénalise au combat", because the unit is in one of these terrains.
My last english lesson had been received in 1981, so i can't analys english sentence.

Be confident in El Kreator wisdom to give truth to the world!

My last french lesson was 1977 and I was bad.

Is "dans" the missing "in"?
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 21, 2021 11:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
lionelrus a écrit:
Dickstick a écrit:
So how should an English errata be written do you think?

i don't know, my english is too poor to that. But if i translate literaly from french, i would said :
the french sentence is " une unité n'exerce pas de zdc dans ou à partir d'un terrain qui la pénalise au combat".
The subjet of the sentence is "une unité", and not "zdc". So, the circonstance to be in penalizing terrain is about the unit and not the about zoc. In our particular exemple, the french sentence would be " une unité n'exerce pas de zone de contrôle à partir d'un terrain qui la pénalise au combat", because the unit is in one of these terrains.
My last english lesson had been received in 1981, so i can't analys english sentence.

Be confident in El Kreator wisdom to give truth to the world!

My last french lesson was 1977 and I was bad.

Is "dans" the missing "in"?

I think so!
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 21, 2021 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So in the French v4 the important word “in†is present, but this has been omitted in the English translation?
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 22, 2021 8:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
French has a different sentence structure to English, so it’s more a case that the solution is buried in the syntax. 

El Kreator I’m sure will be along soon to shed light in (or “dansâ€) the darkness 
Mars
Barbare

MessagePosté le: Dim Mai 23, 2021 12:55 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
The bullet point does not require the unit to be in the penalising terrain.
P35 Definition defines where the Zoc is and p38 reduces the area of the Zoc restricted by terrain.

Depends on how one reads it, at least until the author clarifies the position both points of view are equally as valid regardless of how much anyone wants their view to be right. As I read it this bullet "A unit does not exert a ZOC into or from terrain that penalises it during combat" refers to the unit (being in terrain, even partially) that restrict its ability to exert a ZOC, but these wordings never become confusing until someone sees it differently. If the bullet IS indeed referring to where the unit is and thus being restricted maybe an FAQ / Errata addition could make it clearer (maybe even use the diagram posted previously with the two examples). Something along the lines of:

"A unit that is wholly or partially in terrain that would penalise it during combat does not exert a ZOC. The ZOC of a unit outside terrain that would penalise it during combat extends only to the edge of that terrain".

Trying to cover all the eventualities in a single short sentence isn't as easy as I thought it would be, mind you I'm still half asleep.
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 14, 2021 10:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
French has a different sentence structure to English, so it’s more a case that the solution is buried in the syntax. 

El Kreator I’m sure will be along soon to shed light in (or “dansâ€) the darkness 

Let there be light! And lo, it remaineth darketh. 🤔
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 15, 2021 9:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Zoltan a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:

Didn't we get an answer on Mer Mai 19, 2021 4:05 pm ?
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 15, 2021 8:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
Zoltan a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:

Didn't we get an answer on Mer Mai 19, 2021 4:05 pm ?

yes we did!

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 3 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: