Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
a Hun list for 200pt Roman themed comp
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 2:12 am    Sujet du message: a Hun list for 200pt Roman themed comp Répondre en citant
I am thinking about taking a Western Hun army to a Roman Time period comp, Republican to Patrician any army allowed as long as it fits in the time period. Anyone care to suggest a list?

I am thinking roughly about

command 1 Heruls and Hun cav
command 2 Frankish HF plus LF
command 3 Hun cav or a Gepid allied com with HC impetuous.

I am interested in opinions.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
deuf8881
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 07, 2021 5:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
A agressive composition of mine :

Corps 1 : Attila (strategist)
4 HI impetuous Elite (Franks)
4 LI bow
5 MC bow Elite
1 LH bow Elite
1 LH bow

Corps 2 : ordinary incleded
2 LH bow Elite
1 LH bow

Corps 3 : Ostrogoth allied ordinary included
1 HC impetuous Elite
2 MC impetuous
1 LH bow
3 Bw Mediocre
3 fortifications

1 fortified camp

Demo : 26, initiative 4
Suivez mes figs sur mon blog : http://les-figs.over-blog.com/
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Tucker
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 08, 2021 5:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The limiting factor of the Hun list, to me, is the fairly high minimum of Hunnic cavalry. It is tricky to fulfil those minimums, have a sufficient number of Frankish foot, and have a Gepid ally. On the other hand, with the Gepids you'll have enough impetuous cavalry to be a serious threat, while without them you only get four impetuous cavalry, which can compliment the infantry but can't overwhelm the enemy on their own.

That's the rub: do you want more infantry (or Huns), or more impetuous cavalry? Once you figure that out the logic of the army's composition becomes clearer.

Here's an army that tries to have enough impetuous infantry and cavalry to attack with both. The idea is that the Gepids go in the middle, so the second command needs to be able to hold a flank. Even though the second command is sucking up most of your limited command points I don't think the first command will suffer too badly as you're most likely to just charge in with the Heruls, leaving you free to finesse and maneuver with the Huns. I'm not sure what the ideal number of light cavalry is in 4th edition, so it might be better to switch some light Huns for mediums or vice versa.

Competent included 67
1 HC bow elite*
3 HC impetuous
1 MC bow
1 LC bow elite
2 LC bow

Brilliant 90
6 HSword impetuous
2 LI bow
1 MC bow elite
1 MC bow
1 LC bow elite
1 LC bow

Ordinary allied included
2 HC impetuous elite*
2 HC impetuous
1 LI bow
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 09, 2021 1:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks for your list ideas, some food for though. I have only had games with V4 so far, still working through the changes but I am thinking of swapping some of LC for MC in case the enemy has LMI or MF swordsmen.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 09, 2021 6:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Not sure how many models you have, but you could also go with the Sabir option:

Command A (+1)
2 x Light cavalry, bow, elite
2 x Heavy cavalry, bow, elite
4 x Medium cavalry, bow, elite

Command B (+0)
4 x Light cavalry, bow, elite
1 x Heavy cavalry, bow, elite, embedded commander
1 x Medium cavalry, bow, elite

Command C (+2)
12 x Medium sword, impetuous

Against a heavy foot army, Command B would go in the centre, with the rest of the army working the wings. Command C's job is to swarm anything that it comes across, so you may not need a light foot screen....just charge forward!
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 13, 2021 12:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Interesting army list, I has normally steered away from using MI as my main strike force as they only have 3 cohesion points and Cavalry tend to eat MI for breakfast. I might have to think about it some more.
Tucker
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 13, 2021 1:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The MI version seems highly dependent on match-ups. I think it is more viable in a two-list event, or perhaps with a strategist (to better let you pick the terrain).
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 14, 2021 6:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In deuf8881's list he has a general included in the light cavalry is that legal as there is a horizontal line separating the Med and Light cavalry in the book?
deuf8881
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 14, 2021 11:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My list come from V3, perhaps not V4
Suivez mes figs sur mon blog : http://les-figs.over-blog.com/
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Tucker
Javelinier

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 14, 2021 4:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:
In deuf8881's list he has a general included in the light cavalry is that legal as there is a horizontal line separating the Med and Light cavalry in the book?

So far as I can tell, yes. They're both the "unit type" or "title" (the terms appear to be used interchangeably on page 86) of "Horsemen" since they're in the same box in the army list. Since it's Horsemen that can include generals and not medium or light cavalry specifically you should be able to include the general in either kind of unit.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 14, 2021 6:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Tucker a écrit:
Black Prince a écrit:

So far as I can tell, yes. They're both the "unit type" or "title" (the terms appear to be used interchangeably on page 86) of "Horsemen" since they're in the same box in the army list. Since it's Horsemen that can include generals and not medium or light cavalry specifically you should be able to include the general in either kind of unit.

Correct!
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 14, 2021 10:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks guy I appreciate your input I quite like that list and I will have to test it out.
Black Prince
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 04, 2021 5:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hi deuf8881 I used your list on Friday with a minor change I dropped the fortified camp and upgraded the Ostrogoths to Elite. They took on the Palmyrans and won a great victory, the only Hun casualty was a LF archer to some Palmyran shooting while the Palmyrans suffered an army rout. The Huns even managed to kill two Palmyran generals. The dice rolls were a little biased to the Huns but not a lot. I just need to practice more with the list.

Dernière édition par Black Prince le Ven Sep 10, 2021 3:40 am; édité 1 fois
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Sep 09, 2021 9:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Black Prince a écrit:

Yes. Horsemen are *
ALEXANDER
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 07, 2022 3:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I would take

Attila Strategist included*
6 MC bow*
4 HC impetuous (Heruls)
1 Lc bow elite

Subotai ordinary included*
6 MC bow*

Ostrogoth allies
Theoret ordinary unrelliable included*
4 HC impetuous*
1 LC bow elite
2 Li bow

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: