Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Revealing an ambush
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 18, 2021 7:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
At the risk of waking the grizzled veterans from their afternoon naps, I will ask if you can nail down the following questions:

If the enemy moves to 1 UD of an ambush marker and the ambush is reveal, can the enemy continue to advance to less than 1 UD so long as they do not make contact?

If the enemy is within 4 UD of an ambush marker and the ambush is voluntarily revealed, can the enemy continue to advance to less than 1 UD so long as they do not make contact?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 18, 2021 8:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Yes to both, while complying with ZoC rules etc. 
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 18, 2021 8:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
At the risk of waking the grizzled veterans from their afternoon naps, I will ask if you can nail down the following questions:

If the enemy moves to 1 UD of an ambush marker and the ambush is reveal, can the enemy continue to advance to less than 1 UD so long as they do not make contact?

If the enemy is within 4 UD of an ambush marker and the ambush is voluntarily revealed, can the enemy continue to advance to less than 1 UD so long as they do not make contact?

How do you and your friends play this at your local ADLG club?
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 18, 2021 8:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
My bad. I should have said interrupt their naps or breakfast. Don't mean to imply Z, you aren't every bit as grizzled as any other veteran's backsides! Very Happy
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 18, 2021 10:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
My bad. I should have said interrupt their naps or breakfast. Don't mean to imply Z, you aren't every bit as grizzled as any other veteran's backsides! Very Happy

I resemble that remark! Very Happy

It's Xmas time and I am a proud Grinch.

Seriously though, I have the impression from your posts that you never actually play any ADLG games with others, you simply sit at home with no one to play with and turn the rule book pages desperately looking for problems that most of us don't think exist, or are quickly agreed with our opponent during a game in order to quickly move on and roll dice.

Where do you live?
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 18, 2021 11:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
I have checked with the oracle, who has confirmed that the ambush can be revealed at any point where enemy units are moving within 4UD to 1UD, and that once it is placed, the enemy movement can be completed. 

The intention is to allow the player to place his units before the movement of the ennemy can prevent it.
Then the ennemy can continue its move but it cannot attack.

The timing is tricky since the ennemy can therefore recoil after the ambush was revealed if it has enough movement.
[url]

Thank you!

(I don’t really care what the rule is but I do want to know what it is.)[/url]
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 19, 2021 4:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Z, I haven't hidden the extent of my ADLG journey Reading through my postings will satisfy your very flattering curiosity. I do enjoy the mental challenge of proofing. It is in a way how I earn my living. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and for those I apologize. This particular question is not one of them. It is straightforward and was argued extensively in v3. I'm glad it could be resolved.

I have no idea why any fair-minded player would prefer to have an answer only after they encountered the problem, rather than before.

Like it says, I live in Lovecraft country. The last guy to bitch about my location has the gall to leave his own locale unset! Rolling Eyes
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 19, 2021 5:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
I have checked with the oracle, who has confirmed that the ambush can be revealed at any point where enemy units are moving within 4UD to 1UD, and that once it is placed, the enemy movement can be completed. 

The intention is to allow the player to place his units before the movement of the ennemy can prevent it.
Then the ennemy can continue its move but it cannot attack.

The timing is tricky since the ennemy can therefore recoil after the ambush was revealed if it has enough movement.

Is there intended to be any difference in moving unit options for non dummy ambushes revealed at exactly 1ud (e.g. the move must stop), and ambushes revealed using the less than 4ud rule, where there is nothing written stating that they must stop?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 19, 2021 9:16 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No Mike. 
ZoC rules permitting, once the enemy ambush is revealed, the units may complete their movement, even if this was interrupted at 1UD from the marker. The only stipulation is that no contact is made with the ambush. 

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: