Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
300point armies and allies
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
navigator
Archer

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 06, 2023 2:29 pm    Sujet du message: 300point armies and allies Répondre en citant
Now then chaps... p83... 300point armies can have one or 2 corps that can be allied (upto max of 40% of budget)

Using the medieval scots list as an example - list 232. It can have highlander allies with 2-4 sword bow. This min is increased to 3 for 300pts and max to 6

So when i choose the 2 allied corps...

1. Am i choosing each corps separately from this list so can have 6 med sword bow in each command... or

2. I can only have a maximum 6 med sword bow spread across 2 commands?

Thanks in advance oh wise ones and Dan!

p
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 06, 2023 6:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think they have to be two different allies, but it’s not explicit one way or the other.

It does say that allied numbers (min and max) are still halved but I don’t think this applies to sublist allies. I’m not sure though that sublist allies get to be 50% times bigger…. Maybe…

Some clarity here would be useful.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 08, 2023 3:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So I would probably default that each ally must be a different ally. But i would say probably and not sure how hard i hold that faith.

There is not going to be further clarity in the short run, my recommendation is the organizers choose.

We have run doubles at US events in past at 300 points and i do not recall this point coming up.

I think the greeks have run a lot of 300 pt events, perhaps ask them.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Déc 14, 2023 11:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Taking a wild stab in the dark, I think the way this plays out is … 

- You’re trying to validate an idea for Burton Doubles without asking Dene and Wayne (who don’t play ADLG but do check lists for Burton)
- Dan has ducked your play for validation and suggested asking Dene and Wayne
- You will now end up asking them anyway
- They will pass it to me as they asked me about the theme originally
- I’ll tell them that it smells a bit overly competitive for an event that’s basically held in a town-sized brewery where everyone else is there for the pork pies and beer, and with that in mind you really need both allies to be different as that far more entertaining all round ..unless it’s a niche case like Greeks or maybe Thracians etc 
- they’ll go back to you with that line
- you’ll need to find a 2nd ally rather than doubling up on Bw/Sw highlanders 

Wink
navigator
Archer

MessagePosté le: Ven Déc 15, 2023 10:02 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Sometimes the people need a champion without even realising it....someone prepared to ask the tough questions to get the answers before the people have even thought of the questions !

As a timeline for completeness
- Dene was asked first off....not a clue came the answer
- Dan was asked second off... not my problem was the answer
- a posting on here elicited virtually no response

in conclusion... does anyone want to buy a surplus 6 bases of highlanders?

cheers
p
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 20, 2023 3:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
navigator a écrit:

This paraphrasing of my answer it not precise enough.

I assumed you were smarting under the new found lash, so did not want to lord my reign over you. I do after all believe in certain decentralized authority. But this guff! Must i launch a punitive expedition to once again bring the north to heel?
Mark G Fry
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 20, 2023 6:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
navigator a écrit:
Sometimes the people need a champion without even realising it....someone prepared to ask the tough questions to get the answers before the people have even thought of the questions !

As a timeline for completeness
- Dene was asked first off....not a clue came the answer
- a posting on here elicited virtually no response

in conclusion... does anyone want to buy a surplus 6 bases of highlanders?

cheers
p

Only wishing to contribute to cause mischief and chaos - as is my wont Twisted Evil - I would make the historical point that there are a number of different Kingdoms of the Isles during the period covered by this particular list, so maybe some leniency from central government around the possible inclusion of a couple of Highlander allies, might be allowed to these independent fiefdoms?
Also the 'mysterious' loss of the ability to have an Orkney Viking (or Norwegian) allied contingent in the v.4 Highland & Isles lists, does somewhat smack of punitive measures against these small, but highly aggressive nations. (Although I must admit I can see Tim's point, as it's a bit like the Parthian with the Jewish allies - which also have a Parthian allied contingent - we've been here before folks Shocked ).
Merry Xmas
PS: the extra Highlanders will go well in a stand-alone Highlander & Isle army.
Richard Young
Archer

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 24, 2023 11:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I have a slightly different question though still about Allies in 300pt armies.

On p.83 it says 'For the allied corps, the minimum and maximum are still halved'. Do you halve the min and max as per 200pt armies or do you first mulitply the min and max by 1.5, round down, then halve the min and max?
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 24, 2023 5:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good question. Until you asked I always assumed it was 50% of what was printed, not 75%.
navigator
Archer

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 24, 2023 7:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1, surely min n max are increased then halved n rounded

2. I wear the yoke of Dan heavily but accept its burden.. until September that is!

3. My highlander example was slightly vague:.. the crux of the matter is.... If i can't have 2 allied commands chosen separately from the same one ally, (using min n max twice), can i have the 2 allied commands carved out of the maximum 120points from the one option - using the highlander example could i have 2 commands, each with 3 medium sword longbow in them?

It would appear that no is the answer from the party poopers but I live in hope...

Anyway merry christmas one and all

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: