Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Expendable Levy
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 24, 2024 2:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
The need for these rules could be eliminated if expendable levy could just be deemed not eligible to provide support.

I would be fine with that. But i could equally argue that you Cav attacking my cavalry with the expendable levy right alongside would be disturbing enough to be worth a simple support. Your troops likely are less sure what that force is in the heat of battle, distracted by hostages, etc. Not saying that absolutely negates your suggestion. Just really saying you can excuse the simple support.

I think the strongest case as you suggest is to de-power this unit type is probably warranted in game terms.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 24, 2024 2:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
But Mark, what the rules actually say is " never...move into contact with the enemy to provide a support".

I find myself vociferously arguing while agreeing with Tim that it is a very minor issue. There is no need to try and tease out intent. The rules are straightforward and the rare advantage they may provide not bothersome. Although I do think the rules on page 51 and 61 should be extended to Expendable Levy. Without the Multiple Attack possibility, there would be very, very little to gain by spending the CP to move them in melee support (from contact).
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 24, 2024 4:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Perhaps the way to look at this is that my case is only even possible if the enemy unit concerned is not mounted on a 1 UD by 1 UD base. Given that one principle of the rules is that is how the author intended basing to happen that would prelude the maneuver as the levy/artillery/War Wagon would make contact when they moved up.

But the problem with this rationalization is that I don't think people are going to let my heavy foot impetuous which has destroyed enemy heavy infantry and pursued 1 UD wheel 90 degrees and conform onto the flank of the enemy heavy infantry it is next to. Which it could do if the enemy HI was on a 1 UD by 1 UD base.

I think that on the whole the rules have expendable levy exactly right. No changes needed. They act as speed bumps and are fun. And with a group of 4 in the past week every game I have seen has resulted in 3 of them dying quickly and 1 getting lucky. Which is fun no matter which side you are on. Of course the answer is to always ignore them, and of course that is always easier said than done. Dan are you really suggesting that at mediocre and 1 point they are overpowered?

[/quote]
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 24, 2024 6:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Since I would pretty much always take 3-4 if allowed (and I hint 4 is the max ever allowed), I would conclude they are overpowered for their price. 3-4 points for a mobile obstacle with a ZOC that will delay the enemy 1-3 turns and might inflict a casualty is a pretty good deal for most armies. Now maybe a massive army with 30-40 units wouldn’t necessarily benefit from these, but most others would.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: