Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Extension/Contractions and Charges
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 29, 2024 5:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike, yes the charge must charge to contact!-)
The point is that extensions and contractions are already very restrictive and cannot be combined with turn, slide, or wheel - with the exception of the contraction wheeling. That may be restricted when charging. Not sure it represents that much of an issue. I suppose you could make some creative use of a one unit contraction to "hook" around some obstacle, much to the surprise of your opponent;-)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 29, 2024 5:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Dan, you're giving me too much credit when you say I am remembering something.

But let me make sure I understand though.

Bullet 1 under page 43 charge movement allows a unit or group to wheel or slide (but not both) or make a turn with an optional wheel before charging. I had always understood those to be the only allowed maneuvers before a charge. Which as bullets 2 and 3 say must be in a straight line.

You seem to be saying that bullet 5 allows for an expansion or contraction maneuver before charging as well.

May a group contract and then wheel and charge? Since a wheel is allowed in a contraction as well as before a charge.

(my specification of the lead element being stationary was just because it was in melee)
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 29, 2024 5:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
SteveR a écrit:

Bullet 1 under page 43 charge movement allows a unit or group to wheel or slide (but not both) or make a turn with an optional wheel before charging. I had always understood those to be the only allowed maneuvers before a charge. Which as bullets 2 and 3 say must be in a straight line.

You seem to be saying that bullet 5 allows for an expansion or contraction maneuver before charging as well.

I believe so.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 29, 2024 6:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
SteveR a écrit:

May a group contract and then wheel and charge? Since a wheel is allowed in a contraction as well as before a charge.

A contraction is done, by advancing straight then the contract-ors shuffle over.
You cannot (even in a normal move) have units shuffle during the wheel. That was a DBx thing, not permitted in ADLG.

You wheel (full width measured)
Then you advance at some point straight, then contract.

Similarly you advance straight, then contract. But as a charge must wheel at start you are going straight you cannot start to contract initially and do other than straight.

As people start to try this exploit nearly every circumstance for impetuous in charge range will be 3 CP. I am sure there is a situation where that won't apply but very hard and probably only CV.

This is a very fringe option.
Neep
Légionaire

MessagePosté le: Lun Avr 29, 2024 8:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Page 33 Contraction seems perfectly clear that you can advance your lead elements, wheel them, then form up behind them. And advance any remaining movement allowance.
Now that doesn't fit very well with the "indicate the exact direction of the charge" step, and the wheel may well be excluded by bullet 1, but then does bullet 1 allow you to turn before contracting?? The procedure could do with a few more words.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: