Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
How do you place a village
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 23, 2021 3:52 pm    Sujet du message: How do you place a village Répondre en citant
Views please, page 75 how to place a village. I think
    Defender only and must roll a 4+
    Defender chooses any flank sector, ie. 1, 3, 4 or 6
    If there is a river or coastal area it must be placed touching it
    “The player then rolls 1d6 to determine the position of the village within the sector as for other terrain(see below)lâ€. I assume that this is only relevant if there is no coastal area or riverâ€

No: placing other terrain also says “for each terrain piece selected except the roadâ€. I assume that given above this cannot apply to villages (nor coastal zone or river)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 23, 2021 6:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I assume the dice for placement determines whether the village has to be at least 2UD from the base edge if there is already a coast.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 23, 2021 6:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
I assume the dice for placement determines whether the village has to be at least 2UD from the base edge if there is already a coast.

good point, I had missed that one
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 01, 2021 7:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Previously the positioning die roll for a Village determined only whether it was placed adjacent to the rear edge or at least 2UD forward. Now it can be placed in a forward position adjacent to the side edge, river or coast on a 1-4 and in a forward position at least 2 UD from the table edge on a 5 or 6.

I suspect we'll see many more Villages under V4.

Eh Mike? Twisted Evil

Dave
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 01, 2021 7:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:
Previously the positioning die roll for a Village determined only whether it was placed adjacent to the rear edge or at least 2UD forward. Now it can be placed in a forward position adjacent to the side edge, river or coast on a 1-4 and in a forward position at least 2 UD from the table edge on a 5 or 6.

I suspect we'll see many more Villages under V4.

Eh Mike? Twisted Evil

Dave

Well I have never used them before, and used them every time I defended at the LGT Smile. And I defended more often than I thought was fair with a 4 initiative Sad. NB this may not be a fair sample, as using a village was driven by my choice to use light infantry, not mediums, hence why I wanted to be sure in advance. As you say a change from V3, you were so convinced that I was wrong, your face was a picture when you checked the rules.

Ps if there is a coast or river they must touch even with a 5 or 6. As per Alan’s response, the die roll simply determines whether it can touch a rear base edge. As it must be placed in a flank sector I assume that it cannot be across the table middle, ie in 2 sectors, which I would have prefered.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 01, 2021 2:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Mike Bennett a écrit:
Well I have never used them before, and used them every time I defended at the LGT Smile. And I defended more often than I thought was fair with a 4 initiative Sad. NB this may not be a fair sample, as using a village was driven by my choice to use light infantry, not mediums, hence why I wanted to be sure in advance. As you say a change from V3, you were so convinced that I was wrong, your face was a picture when you checked the rules.

The Coast and a Village was just greedy Mike. Wink

In the end they narrowed the table too much for both of us. Good game though.

Dave
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 02, 2021 7:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The part I am confused/surprised about: the player chooses any flank sector.

Sanity check: so the defender does not have to roll to determine which flank sector for the village?
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 02, 2021 7:45 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
MC_Delicatessen a écrit:
The part I am confused/surprised about: the player chooses any flank sector.

Sanity check: so the defender does not have to roll to determine which flank sector for the village?

Nope. If there is a river or waterway it must touch, otherwise the player chooses the sector. However the power of this is reduced as it must be placed after any river/coast and before the other pieces that are rolled for.

Dernière édition par Mike Bennett le Dim Oct 03, 2021 3:16 am; édité 1 fois
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 02, 2021 11:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Similarly, the player chooses which flank for a River or Coast without rolling.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 02, 2021 8:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
daveallen a écrit:
In the end they narrowed the table too much for both of us. Good game though.

Dave

Nope, still too wide for me. if I had chosen area I would have had a impassable too, which might have made it harder for your army to slip away and avoid a fight Wink

Dernière édition par Mike Bennett le Mar Oct 05, 2021 12:52 pm; édité 1 fois
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 03, 2021 2:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Citation:
Similarly, the player chooses which flank for a River or Coast without rolling.

Sly there, Dave! Very Happy

Opps Embarassed I thought the table was empty when the river/coastal zone is placed, but now I realize the mandatory feature is down, so it's not trivial.

Dernière édition par Za Otlichiye le Mar Oct 05, 2021 4:30 pm; édité 1 fois
Three
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 05, 2021 12:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
A related question - if a player is defending in Plains, rolls for and successfully gets a village, then elects to place it on a gentle hill, does that use up the 1 gentle hill allowed, or is it an additional one?
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 05, 2021 4:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The wording is loose, but it only makes sense if the hill is already part of your selections.

---

I'm still concerned about whether you can continue to try to select a river/coastal zone after you fail to get it; and whether you can try to select a river/coastal zone if you fail to place a village. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm not seeing it addressed in the rules.
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 05, 2021 4:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
The wording is loose, but it only makes sense if the hill is already part of your selections.

---

I'm still concerned about whether you can continue to try to select a river/coastal zone after you fail to get it; and whether you can try to select a river/coastal zone if you fail to place a village. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm not seeing it addressed in the rules.

I would think you cannot repeatedly try to place the same feature. Otherwise why bother rolling at all if you can continue rolling until you get the result you want.

However I would think you could try to place a waterway or river (once) if you fail to get a village and vice versa.

I think you only get one attempt at each class of features.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 06, 2021 6:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Three a écrit:
A related question - if a player is defending in Plains, rolls for and successfully gets a village, then elects to place it on a gentle hill, does that use up the 1 gentle hill allowed, or is it an additional one?

I believe it does, as p75 describes it "The hill counts as an additional selection"

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: