Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Standard of posting
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Jeu Fév 24, 2022 4:37 pm    Sujet du message: Standard of posting Répondre en citant
Am I the only one disappointed at the degradation of this sub-forum in recent months?

I have one plea to all forum members. Before posting ask yourself: is my question (or reply) clearly stated and expressed in such a way that it will assist others, especially new or occasional players, to grasp the issue and help me?
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 12:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Just me then. Crying or Very sad
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 12:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It's not just you, Martin. I think this forum would benefit from a separate sub-category for 'theoretical wargaming'.

Jesse
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 7:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Very Happy
Snowhitsky
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 28, 2022 9:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Put it this way, I no longer read posts from certain individuals nor respond to their philosophical ramblings. Don't feed the trolls.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 28, 2022 1:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Snowhitsky a écrit:
Put it this way, I no longer read posts from certain individuals nor respond to their philosophical ramblings. Don't feed the trolls.

Even troll may live, Julian....
MC_Delicatessen
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 01, 2022 10:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
An active moderator with merge thread, delete, time out etc. capabilities would be welcomed by me.

About 50% of posts are totally useless, about 25% are just wrong or misleading... then there are a tiny amount of genuine, well pitched questions, and a tiny amount of concise answers.

Sadly it's practically impossible to marry the sensible questions with the sensible answers.

And the trolls pray on the lack of answers from authoritative sources.

Sad really. This is my only experience of being "into" a ruleset. But no wonder the landscape is such a mess if this is the general attitude - and it's like this in the best community!
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 01, 2022 10:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree but would like to re-iterate:

[1] Your points are compounded by the very low ability of people to express themselves clearly and in a manner easily understood by others. Generally, the grammar, sentence construction and overall logic is truly shocking. No wonder people are confused. I feel for any moderators having to deal with this.

and add:

[2] Most people don't know how to create a text diagram in a fixed font with the [code] tags and persist in writing malformed text diagrams in a proportional font (which are rubbish) and yet they still expect people to grasp what they mean.

[3] Writing a statement and sticking a question mark at the end is never a good way of asking a question in writing. Doing so repeatedly, is shoddy. You may speak like that to another person and get away with it but, in what is essentially a technical discussion, it doesn't work and merely adds to the confusion. It begs the question "are you asking me or telling me?".

There are people using this forum who need to take a break and ask themselves if they are part of this problem or not.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 01, 2022 10:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
On more technical note it would be much better if the forum software was updated and the "Friends & Foes" function was enabled so you could easily block people.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 02, 2022 5:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
vexillia a écrit:
I agree but would like to re-iterate:

[1] Your points are compounded by the very low ability of people to express themselves clearly and in a manner easily understood by others. Generally, the grammar, sentence construction and overall logic is truly shocking. No wonder people are confused. I feel for any moderators having to deal with this.

I must admit it's true, but some continental aliens do as they can with their poor english...
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 02, 2022 7:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:

I must admit it's true, but some continental aliens do as they can with their poor english...

I had noticed. Very Happy Cool
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2022 7:45 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Not just me then:

hcaille a écrit:
It seems that Za Otlichiye search issues where there is none.
Za Otlichiye, please stop arguing and distrurbing other players.

http://artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9209
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2022 9:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Martin, please don't personalize things, although I'm more confused than I am offended.
Your frustrations seem to have arisen in the Does a cancelled ability still cancel abilities? discussion. Which is weird because I didn't ask the question; It's a fundamental and important question that has been kicked around before; It is a simple question and I don't have a position on it - I thought the consensus was "no"; I didn't upset the applecart; I did try to illuminate both sides of the question, along with several others.
I guess I didn't help you, but I'd be happy to try again, in the forum or in PM. It's a frustration all around, but please don't shoot the messenger.
vexillia
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2022 10:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Za Otlichiye a écrit:
Martin, please don't personalize things ....

Nothing personal. This thread is a general point.

Za Otlichiye a écrit:
Your frustrations seem to have arisen in the Does a cancelled ability still cancel abilities? discussion.

Not so. Far more general than that and has been building for quite some time (see original post).
Zoltan
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mar 10, 2022 4:07 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
@ Vexillia

Thanks for your post Martin; you have expressed what others amongst us have been thinking and discussing via our own networks around the world. Please be reassured that your frustrations are shared by others.

The impression I have formed is that there is a small group of posters who never actually play this game with others, and certainly not in multi-player events. I simply don’t buy the “It’s important we sort this matter out in the forum beforehand, so that all players know the correct rule before the game†BS. 

Maybe some posters only play by themselves at home? Or maybe they just like spending time trying to find perceived gotchas in the rule book that are very easily resolved at the table when (or if) they arise in an actual game, at an actual wargames event.

Being a self-proclaimed pedant, I too roll my eyes at often incoherent posts and appalling “diagramsâ€. These often cause a wave of unnecessary posts either answering the wrong problem or trying to fathom the question.

I much prefer to use the Facebook forum as it is so easy to create, and upload, a photo of toy soldiers to illustrate the question at hand.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 2 Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: