Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Slaverevolt
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 18, 2014 3:50 pm    Sujet du message: Slaverevolt Répondre en citant
Hi Pals!

After looking at the new Figures from WestWind (they launched a Kickstarter about 15mm Miniatures and the only one who will see them until Christmas are the bidders of the kickstarter) I decided to do a slave army. Die Figures look fantastic!

Would you please send me your ideas for such an army, i am open to any sugestions, problay at best with some hints on how you would play them in battle....as attacker or defender....which terrain....etc....

THX in advance!
cheers
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 21, 2014 1:33 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Shocked Nobody tried them till now? The army and the troops dont look that bad. I am just not sure about the levy impetous? Are they any good for?
sebastosfig
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 21, 2014 1:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I had missed this post. Embarassed

Well, it's a tricky army to play, becaus almsot everyone will be impetuous, and levy.

But, you can choose to take the maximum number of heavy impetuous infantry and impetuous levies. You will have 24 units, with a lot of points to spare. Scary. Yes, I know they're not the most powerful units, but, you can afford to have 2 lines of impetuous units, with the furious charge. It can be deadly.

Also, take the gladiators, and a bitof skirmishers. You should have easily around 30 units, ready to go straight at your ennemy's throat.

And yes, take Spartacus as a strategist Wink

http://backtotheminis.blogspot.com
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 21, 2014 3:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Taking spartacus is a must with this army. Its just written in the amrylist. You`re not allowed to go without him.

Actually I was planning on building on Corps of hvy mixed with levys commanded by exeptionel commander.
One Corps led by spartacus with very much medium troops and some levys.
And the 3rd Corps with an ordinary commander on horse (incl) with 2 med Horse Elite.

Plan is to have one solid corps with mass troops to hold open ground. one corps with many bg and fast (spartacus) to attack where i want to, even in bad going. And the horses to be in ambush, flankmarch or just ride around the enemy and make him worry about camp and his back.

Could this work?
Apa
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 21, 2014 5:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Chris,

Spartacus has to be the exceptional leader (the strategist).
Mi and impetuous levy have different 2 movement rates and they are supposed to move their whole movement if you don’t want to pay more CPs. So it could be better not to mix them in a single corps but if you decide to do so, using a good leader as Spartacus is a good point.

And I’m not sure about the third corps with only 2 cav units inside.
As Seb told us you easily recruit 30 units in this army. If 28 of them are gathered in 2 corps you can have some trouble to command all of them. So I wonder if you shouldn’t try to distribute a bit their components.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mar Oct 21, 2014 8:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Good point! MI and Levy have different movement distances which make it either hard to keep them as a group or slows the MI down. But I dont want the MI to be slow because they are going to be my "preasure" corps. The corps that should win the game. Swift, hard hitting at best on a flank while the bulk of the army holds the center.

I would really love to have a couple more cav. But the list allows only 2. And the idea is to just ride around and make the opponent taking care.

The big corps than have to be with all levies and the gladiators and HI in the middle with a commander who is only exeptionell. Meaning 2-4 CP...

I think I go back to the spreadsheet and recalculate the army.

Right now I recognized how much miniatures I have to paint for this army.... Rolling Eyes

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: